Merakey is seeking an Associate Executive Director of Children's Based Services to join the Children and Family Services division in Philadelphia County.
- As Associate Executive Director of Children's Based Services, this position is responsible for the effective management and leadership of services in Philadelphia County Site Based Services.
- The Associate Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the continuum of programs and services is responsive to community needs, are of the highest quality and are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- The Associate Executive Director reports directly to the Vice President.
- Ensures in conjunction with Vice President that consumer services are of the highest possible quality and quantity. These services must be accessible and coordinated to promote the best opportunity for continuity of care. Develops specific programs tailored appropriately for achieving a comprehensive human services program.
- Administers programs in compliance with Merakey policies and procedures, national, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains an informed position about legislation which affects human services agencies and the delivery of services.
- Serves as principal representative to national, regional, state and local behavioral health/mental retardation authorities and other appropriate officials involved in the development, implementation, financing and delivery of human services. Provides input and representation whenever and wherever appropriate into major decision making processes which will impact on site operations. This includes participation on community task forces, committee and other local, state or national planning groups.
- Interviews and ensures the implementation of appropriate employment practices including reference checks and clearances, orientation, training, and disciplinary/corrective actions.
- Interprets programs and services to the community as needed and appropriate. This includes public appearances and management of local public relations.
- Coordinates effectively and efficiently with regional and corporate Administrative Services to include Human Resources, contract. Financial and compliance units.
- Participates, in conjunction with the finance department and the Board of Directors, in the development of realistic short, intermediate and long-range financial viability, accountability and strategic plans.
- Develops the annual budget in conjunction with the Vice President.
- Provides for personnel management and related matters of salary structure, fringe benefits, personnel practices and staff development under established Merakey policies and procedures.
- Maintains consistent and effective communication with the senior management and leadership of Merakey regarding all matters affecting the operations.
- Performs other duties as required and pertinent to mission of human services.
- Participates in CQI efforts.
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
- A Master's degree with a clinical concentration in the human services
- This position requires a high degree of clinical knowledge and competence, as well as management skills and knowledge of community-based behavioral health/mental health service trends at the national, state and local levels.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience post master's degree experience in a clinical practice
- A minimum of (3) years mid- management experience is required.