Works to maintain high quality loans through the review and preparation of complex underwriting memos and active portfolio management post loan close. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and with the Bank's policies and procedures. -Typically works on complex credits.
- Pursues and closes new leverage financings. Coordinates the leverage finance process from initial client discussions through transaction closing. This includes reviewing Confidential Information Memorandums, attending management meetings and preparing and reviewing Term Sheets. Oversees and takes an active role in the preparation of high quality loan presentations with more junior team memebers, including detailed financial analyses and assessment of the borrower's financial capability and creditworthiness. Assesses lending risks, identifies offsetting mitigants and makes recommendations on loan structure while displaying sound credit judgement. Reviews and negotiates loan documents.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned ESF loan portfolio with an emphasis on credit quality, regulatory compliance, covenant compliance, bank policy compliance and avoiding payment delinquency. Responsible for contributing to the team's profitability with diligent monitoring of monthly/quarterly financials to ensure compliance with covenants. Identifies potential credit risks and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Develops relationships with private equity sponsors, investment banks, other advisors, commercial banks and other financial institutions to both create new leverage finance opportunities for Investors Bank. Assists in the sale of loan participations to other lenders.
- Works with internal and external groups including Credit Risk Management, KYC/CDD, bank counsel, Loan Operations, Cash Management and Loan Closers to assist in closing financings and opening new accounts. Includes working with bank's legal counsel in the review of legal documentation.
- Submits term sheets on new potential lending opportunities and prepares and presents complex loan offerings to designated levels of authority; manages entire credit approval process through closing by working with constituents to ensure a smooth and expedient process.
- Works with Private Equity Sponsors, COIs, Attorneys, Accountants, Other Lenders, Investment Bankers to bring in potential transactions to the Bank and maintain existing relationships.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience, prerably in finance or accounting.
- 5+ years of commercial lending experience in the Middle Market.
- 5+ years of credit analysis experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Basic knowledge of loan and financial analysis techniques and accounting with well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors.
- Self starter who takes initiative, is highly motivated and capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Works well in a demanding, time sensitive environment and is able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques. Comfortable with complex legal documents.
- Effective decision maker.
- Good negotiation, organizational, customer service, sales and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and statistical analysis.
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S.
- Formal bank credit training
- Knowledge of leverage loan market