Overview of Job Function:
The Associate Software Engineer contributes to the design, development, implementation, support and maintenance of an enterprise application. Designs and delivers software enhancements, new functionality, code fixes across the existing product set. Provides application support and code fixes to internal services teams and customer raised issues. Possesses experience with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position under general supervision. Collaborates with architects and product management team to implement features and enhancements. Collaborates with the Support and Quality Assurance team to address reliability and performance issues. This position will work out of Verint’s Bedford, NH office.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements and tests software applications.
- Provides application support for software applications.
- Participates in Design Reviews.
- Provides effective communication with geographically distributed team members.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test execution, and certification of software.
- Escalates urgent issues to Engineering Management.
- Can provide peer advisement to otherAssociate Software Engineers, through code/design reviews and peer-programming efforts.
- May interact with Business Analyst to ensure that specifications are satisfied.
- Communicates design, reliability and maintenance problems to appropriate internal resources.
- AnAssociate Software Engineer may function in a Support Role with the following addedresponsibilities:
- Responsible for debugging, troubleshooting and developing technical solutions in the form of software patches related to software and setup errors for field engineers and customers.
- Creates workaround solutions when product procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related degree.
- Up to 3 years of software development experience.
- Up to 3 years of Java programming experience.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within software design and development.
- Experience in Object Oriented analysis and design.
- General understanding of operating system fundamentals (multi-processing, multi-threading, inter-process communication, disk I/O, network I/O, memory allocation, etc.).
- Successful completion of Verint’s background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification; and successful completion of a credit check for travel related roles.
- DatabaseExperience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Ability to learn third party documentation while designing and writing code based on this documentation as a sole source of information.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a dynamic, distributed team environment.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to adhere to strict delivery schedules and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in fault-tolerant or highly-available, distributed systems.
- Experience in real-time programming (primarily on Windows server platforms).
- Experience with CTI (Computer Telephony Integrations) is a plus.
- Knowledge of various Software Development Methodologies (particularly Agile) and experience in all stages of the software development lifecycle is a plus.
Job ID: 12330