The Associate Engineer is accountable to the Design and Development Manager for execution of internal and externally funded projects for development of ordnance products and support for the manufactures of like items.
The Associate Engineer will assure the engineering and development of new product through the effective use of engineering methods to perform design, analysis, and test activities.
The Associate Engineer is accountable for the planning, control of project work flow, and for project safety both internal and external.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management for new product development controlling schedule and costs.
- Design of product for proposals, contracts and IRAD.
- Preparation of detailed designs, including dimensional, materials and manufacturing aspects.
- Performance of appropriate analyses on designs to determine applicability and fitness for specified use.
- Procurement of hardware for tests and delivery.
- Qualification of designs through the performance of engineering tests; materials, structural, ballistic, and environmental.
- Preparation of product test procedures and test reports, which discuss the testing conducted and results.
- Preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on systems, methods and products.
- Preparation and presentation of information to be transmitted to customers and upper management pertinent to and as required by projects.
- Engineeringsupport to Operations. New products to production transition.
- Preparation of new business technical and cost proposals.
- Plan, schedule, and control project costs and engineering activities.
- Experience background consistent with product mix.
- Working knowledge of engineering skills necessary for product development.
- Ability to assess potential courses of action and apply good judgment in selection of proper course of action.
- Ability to anticipate problem areas, assess potential courses of action, and effectively implement solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time, work well under pressure and meet agreed upon schedule commitments.
- Ability to run ProEngineer and ANSYS software.
EDUCATION: Minimum B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or closely related field plus demonstrated project management capabilities.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum six (6) year’s applicable experience in the engineering and management of efforts to develop/qualify new products.
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to: codeMCMGDILENG OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $500.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.