Job Description Summary:
P&C Engineer is responsible for completing activities and assignments associated with the design and operation of protection and control systems necessary for the safe and reliable operation of the transmission and distribution system to meet the mission and objectives of the organization.In addition, this position will analyze protection system operations, and the appropriate resolutions, in order to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance.This position shares accountability with peers in the planning, project management, substation engineering, operations, and maintenance organizations to carry out the efficient and timely completion of system reliability projects, generation interconnection projects and system restoration and troubleshooting efforts.
- Review and evaluate proposed changes to existing electric facilities to ensure compatibility with established Eversource protection system standards and practices.
- Create new Protection and Control system designs in accordance with Eversource Standards as required.
- Specify materials associated with new or modified Protection and Control systems for assigned projects
- Develop, calculate, and document settings and logic for protective relays, logic processors, feeder reclosers, and switches necessary to support Eversource system reliability projects and initiatives.
- Perform coordination studies by modeling and analyzing electric system elements and their protection systems using fault simulation software.
- Analyze protection system operations during transmission and distribution system disturbances in support of Substation Technical Group Event analysis.
- Interface with Eversource Planning, Operations and Field personnel to support their efforts to plan, operate and maintain the transmission and distribution system.
- Manage and perform work activities in a self-sufficient manner without frequent guidance and oversight.
- Perform peer checks of other group member designs and relay settings.
- Actively support storm and/or emergency restoration assignments.
Requires a Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in ElectricalEngineering.Individuals with a focus in electric power systems engineering are preferred.
Minimum of zero (0) to three (3) years of related ElectricalEngineeringexperience is required. Protection and Controls experience is preferred, including:
- Experience performing overcurrent and distance coordination studies with ASPEN Oneliner modeling software or equivalent.
- Experience performing post event analysis using relay and digital fault recorder event records.
- Experience with the design and installation of protection and control schemes utilizing IEC61850 protocol.