Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Engineering covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
Threat Protection is a part of the Security Services Engineering team and is responsible for tools that protect the Bank from malicious attacks. Our focus is on the endpoints (servers and workstations), Data loss protection, Cloud and Network malware protection, etc. We are a dynamic team with many security projects on the go any time. You will be a contributor to keeping TD safe.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to perform a broad range of activities while working alongside and supporting others on the SecurityEngineering team. You’ll be involved in developing components of solutions with a focus on analytics, support, testing, and proof-of-concepts aligned to business and technology objectives. Think career growth potential!
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Develop new solutions for engineeringthreat protection programs and projects and may also develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts aligned to business needs.
- Participate in the conceptual and logical engineering designs for the security tools.
- Analyze technical requirements to recommend pragmatic and sound engineering solutions for the Threat Protection area.
- Participate in the certification, design, build, testing and implementation of selected solutions.
- Work with other stakeholders, particularly TRMIS and otherengineering teams, to ensure securityengineering solutions meet technical direction, requirements, performance, time-to-market and innovation goals.
- Contribute enterprise and business line engineering strategies and mandates.
- Respond to routine or standard requests from internal and external customers.
- Understand relationships between work processes and the business and ensure awareness of costs related to own work.
- Monitor product life cycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and engineering decisions, undertaking re-development where required.
- Document and verify system components, applications, system infrastructure, security, integration, operability and engineering related architecture designs associated with a program or project.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Develop as-built program activities to establish detail needed using configuration management processes.
- Provide support to ensure accuracy of drawings and other technical baseline documents.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- University or Post-Graduate Degree.
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
- 3-5years relevant experience in security tools such as data loss protection, advanced threat protection, anti-virus, cloud security, scripting tools.
- CISSP is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of securityengineering frameworks, technology, tools, processes and procedures, as well as organizational issues.
- Sound knowledge of TD applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices, overall business, standards.
- In-depth experience, knowledge and skills in security solutions.
- Can prioritize and manage own workload (under management guidance) to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Ability to communicate well across multiple stakeholder types.
- Solve moderately complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of bankingtechnology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.