Typical activities include triage of all incoming service requests, troubleshooting and resolving customer hardware, software, network infrastructure, and telephony issues. The Associate Engineer will escalate unsolved service requests to Engineers after resolution time thresholds and troubleshooting standards are met.
This role reports directly to the Manager, Operations Center and is responsible for case creation, case routing/escalating, status communication, and working directly with third party vendors.
This position reports to the Manager, Operations Center
Do you have the Right Skills and Experience for our Team?
- 2 year Technical Associates Degree or similar experience.
- Basic knowledge of Telecommunications infrastructure and VoIP
- Basic experience:
- Supporting different Network Topologies, Protocols and Routing/Switching.
- Supporting and monitoring WAN/LAN networks.
- Using network management software, packet sniffing utilities and protocol analysis software.
- Performing remote support via telephone, email, and remote access tools.
- Working directly with outside vendors to report or escalate issues.
- Direct customer service experience with the ability to consistently achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Strong familiarity with basic telephony, personal computers, printers, current operating systems, MS Office, Outlook, mobile communication devices, and web browsers.
- Excellent technical and non-technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while following established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ability to excel and remain positive in a high-pressure, dynamic, 24x7 team environment.
- Quickly adjust to priority changes or work assignments without sacrificing quality.
- Demonstrate a sustained commitment to quality, professionalism, and integrity.
- Support rotational duties and be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- 1 or more years direct technical customer service experience supporting and troubleshooting network, data, voice, and call center technologies
- Network+ or Cisco Certifications
- 1 or more years of experience in supporting Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection, OR Microsoft Operating Systems and VMware environments
What GREAT things will you be doing?
- Assist customers with incident and change management activities
- Analyze and trouble-shoot network communication failures and escalate issues according to established guidelines.
- Open trouble tickets and test with vendors and ISPs.
- Resolve technical issues within scope guidelines and quickly escalate issues according to procedural documentation and training.
- Respond to network events, diagnose, and provide analysis for resolution with in SLA’s.
- Create and update trouble tickets using corporate ticketing system.
- Quickly and accurately, report major outages to management with frequent communications on incidents affecting multiple users, reoccurring incidents, procedural gaps, training requirements, etc.
- Interface directly with customer(s) to resolve network events and service requests.
- Ensure that customer SLA commitments are consistently met while providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Use knowledgebase and case history for service request resolutions, accurate ticket classifications, and escalations.
- Obtain and provide timely service updates to/from relevant parties.
- Create and maintain procedure and informational documents as needed to ensure consistent customer support.
- Maintain accurate case documentation for all service requests. This includes detailed notes, escalation management and closure codes.
- Enthusiastically meet or exceed performance metrics as set forth by management.
- Adhere to operational processes and InterVision guidelines for Operations Center employees.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule within the 24X7 Operations Center.
- Continually update skills through vendor certifications on emerging technologies and InterVision product offerings.
- Interface effectively with all InterVision employees, customers, and vendors.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Actively participate in mandatory meetings, training sessions, and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required. Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described above.