The Associate Engineer, Managed Networks is responsible for the design and technical implementation of limited project scope connectivity solutions in varied real estate verticals such as malls, casinos, hospitality, healthcare, education campus environment, MDUs, MTUs, outdoor networks in private venues, and public rights of way.
These solutions include, but are not limited to, cellular, carrier grade Wi-Fi, neutral host private LTE networks, and IOT connectivity, all of which aim to enable a superior networkexperience for varied types of customer and connected devices. Critical responsibilities include the ability to handle various engineering tasks end-to-end, such as developing scopes of work with customers, creating and defining networkarchitecture, selecting suitable OEM in consultation with the Engineering Manager, network design, planning and testing, system acceptance, network optimization, customer integration and acceptance, and customer on-boarding.
The incumbent works withinternal and external resources to ensure completed network meets or exceeds technical and customer requirements. The incumbent handles multiple projects, working under the guidance and supervision of an Engineering Manager or assigned mentor to successfully accomplish project milestones.
- Perform all engineering tasks for limited project scopes related to network design, integration, commissioning, optimization, acceptance, onboarding, and post-onboardingtroubleshooting.
- Understand scopes of work for limited project scopes and develop appropriate solution architecture and OEM under the guidance of an assigned Engineering department resource.
- Understand network engineering requirements (fiber, electrical power, RF, monitoring, IP Network design, etc.) for multi-use converged networks and use standard industry tools to develop comprehensive design plans, including but not limited to equipment configuration and layout, coverage heat maps, bills of materials, contractual exhibits and service level agreements, and detailed scopes of work for limited project scopes.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform system integration, testing (using industry standard tools such as scanners, spectrum analyzers, power meters, optical test equipment, etc.), and optimization and obtain customer acceptance and onboarding for limited project scopes.
- Analyze and summarize test data to evaluate performance against key performance indicators (“KPIs”). Optimize networks to meet contracted KPIs for limited project scopes.
- Prepare and review close-out packages and on-boarding documentation required for network acceptance.
- Prepare, compile, and maintain all project documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Validate completeness and quality of deliverables provided by vendors for contracted scopes.
- Study OEM architecture and products to develop industry knowledge in offered solutions.
- Provide support to senior Engineering department staff in preparation of technical processes, procedures (standard operating procedures, maintenance operation protocols, testing protocol), and standards.
- Support special project and initiatives.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and provide regular status updates and progress reports to project and program managers and management.
- Perform troubleshooting for system faults, alarms, and performance degradation.
- Travel to project site locations to provide oversight and facilitate successful execution of projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of network design and implementation in prevalent technology solution architecture, including network engineering design, testing, network optimization, and operations.
- Understanding of prevalent technology and solutions.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- Ability to use MS Office software to prepare comprehensive analyses, plans, and reports for internal and customer communications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or working towards a degree in either discipline required.
- Two years of wireless network engineering experience in some areas such as venue-based network design, planning, configuration, integration, testing, and optimization preferred.
- Knowledge of IP theory and IP network design, planning, configuration, integration, testing, and securityrequired.
- CWNA certification required; higher certification level (CCNA or higher) preferred.
- Knowledge of WLAN-802.11 standards required.