We have partnered with a large manufacturing company in the Waterloo, IA area to provide them with an Associate Electric Drive Systems Engineer.
- Work with other engineers to define and develop the engineering specifications of electric drive systems for EPDP product programs.
- Architect the overall software design to meet the vehicle performance requirements.
- Integrate electric machine control systems, low level hardware interfaces, and high level application modules.
- Support the lead (senior) software engineer in the group while providing technical guidance to other engineers in software development processes.
- Commission new systems and troubleshoot vehicle system problems, making recommendations and giving technical guidance to product platforms.
- Ensure that EDSG software development processes are followed, implements improvements such as the increasingly sophisticated use of model-based system engineering, and creates software quality and verification plans.
- Manage work flow, supporting document creation, and participating in activities such as FMEAs, design reviews, change management, product validation, product verification, and diagnostic development.
- Interact heavily with Tech Center located in India and JDES personnel.
- Work with different product platforms across several divisions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor?s Degree in engineering in circuit theory, electromagnetics, control systems, electronics
- Advanced technical degrees in electric drive fields is desired, but not required.
- 2 or more years of Product Engineering experience is required.
- 1 or more years of Product Design experience
- Embedded software development experience with vehicle systems is required.
- Experience with model-based system design
- Proficient user of MATLAB/Simulink for model-based design
- Experience working with suppliers in the application and design of electrical system components
- Experience generating product/system requirements documents creating technical reports and creating presentations
- Work experience developing models and software for electric drive systems is preferred.
- Lab experience with electric drive systems is a strong plus.
- Experience working with teams having diverse skills and from different cultural backgrounds is essential.
- Experience with program management (moderate scope)
- Knowledge of vehicle systems interfacing with electric drives (i.e. diesel engines, gearboxes, vehicle controllers, hydraulic lubrication, and water-glycol cooling).
- Experience with vehicle platform engineering is preferred.
- Up to 25% Domestic/International travel is required.
- H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn