The Associate Network Engineer is responsible for providing functional and technical support for Accruent’s infrastructurenetwork solutions. Responsibilities include working with various departments to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical networking problems. The AssociateNetwork Engineer works on network problems on a varied range of technologies and complexities of scope. This will require a solid networking knowledge base to evaluate the issue at hand and best network solution.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support for day-to-day operations of data center and office networks.
- Implement network configurations per Accruent standard (highly available, best practice).
- Coordinate with Cloud Operations, Engineering and stakeholders to provide technical networking solutions and improve health of data center operations.
- Maintain or improve overall security posture.
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Accruent-supported networks and Infrastructuretechnologies.
- Document network topologies, hardware rack elevations and configuration details.
- Create and maintain existing documentation to ensure relevance.
- Maintain and implement monitoring of networking devices.
- Perform upgrades to firmware of networking devices.
- Be available for on-call rotation to Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems across all product lines.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: drive to excellence, humility, winning attitude, integrity, results orientation and grit.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Security-centric attitude.
- Strong understanding of basic networking, e.g. DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
- Strong understanding of layer 2/3networking
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on requestor needs and available network solutions.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, Engineering/CS/Information Systems degreepreferred
- Experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls preferred but not required
- Understanding of load balancing technology
- Understanding of TCP/IP stack and data flows
- Prior experience in a networking role preferred but not required
- CCNA, CompTIA Network+, or related certification preferred but not required
- Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices