At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
- ADSMs primary responsibility is to execute daily / weekly project plan with assigned technicians to ensure Customer satisfaction and assignment completion. ADSM is an integral part of operations by planning, coordinating and assigning various responsibilities to employee’s who are tasked with going to the Customer sites to service, repair and verify the function of equipment and controlled environments.
- Manages 9 to 12 field technicians by actively engaging and mentoring on a daily basis and being a safety champion for his/her team. Monitors individual technician compliance to all company policies and procedures to ensure the uninterrupted flow of services and information to Customers. Conducts investigations to identify root cause for non-confirming service.
- Initiates technical, on-site, as well as over-the-telephone scope evaluation and troubleshooting with Customers, technicians, engineering vendors, in-house facilities maintenance and manufacturer representatives. Candidate will use this knowledge to quote established scope of work in a timely manner to ensure assigned Customers are given the highest level of service while developing further opportunities at Customer sites.
- Coordinating the field training of assistant level technicians with Advanced Certification Technicians and delegating tasks and responsibilities in accordance to the organizational structure.
- The ADSM would still be active in the field as needed based on current work load.
- Work to maintain and increase Customer satisfaction and develop growth opportunities through technical assistance and consultation on design, testing methodologies and engineering concerns with existing Customers both on the phone or at their facility. Resolve documentation needs in the explanation of services and testing data results.
- Manage and improve profitability by assisting in the pricing and scope of work for new Customers, planning the use of resources to address Customer needs and reviewing performance to plan for assigned accounts. Reviews performance of technicians to plan to ensure profitability.
- Maintain employee relations through supporting a positive company culture. Utilizing technical experience in interviewing new hires and assessing technician performance through reviews. Is primary point of contact for team for safety and service issues. Solves or escalates quickly to provide immediate resolution for technicians.
- Provide Customer and Technician support by utilizing technical knowledge to determine and/or identify the necessary parts to resolve malfunctioning equipment. Investigates Customer complaints and non-conformances using 8 step methodology to identify the root cause and make accurate recommendations to eliminate recurrence.
- Coordinate and monitor the safe and compliant work of the field service technicians with equipment maintenance, tool functionality and work materials. Lead field service technicians on large-scale jobs at Customer locations.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational and growth activities.
- Continue to be active in the field as need based off current work load and field supervisory requirements dictate.
- Assist DSM with Monthly scheduling duties.
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred or Associate’s Degree in relevant field with at least 8 years of prior management experience.
- Registered Cleanroom Certification Professional (RCCP) or National Sanitary Foundation (NSF) Certification preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 4 years proven management/leadership experience, preferably in a technical or field service environment.
- Must demonstrate proven ability to effectively manage line level employees.
- Must possess formal Project management training or demonstrate experience managing projects.
- Must have Customer facing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills; with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively across all levels of the organization as well as with Customers.
- Understanding and firm commitment to safety and compliance concepts.
- Preferred but not required: Knowledge of controlled environment testing and familiar with industry standards such as USP 797, USP 800, NSF 49, CAG documents and ISO 14644.
- Professional certifications for both NSF 49 and RCCP preferred, not required.
- Proven leadership capability and demonstrated ability to development others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & Access.
- Knowledge of FDA or GMP/GLP regulations for medical or pharmaceutical equipment preferred.
Req ID: 14214