OTIS is the world's leading provider of elevators and elevator service. OTIS is a business unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
This position will be responsible for leading Digital Operations for the OTIS division of UTC. This position will have a combination of IT operational responsibilities as well as supporting the delivery of key projects working within OTIS WHQ and OTIS business entities around the world. This position reports to the Director, Infrastructure Services. The successful candidate will have strong organization and communication skills with a background of supporting business critical application infrastructures. Key systems in the OTIS WHQ environment include JD Edwards Global ERP, the OTIS Global Service System (based on MS Dynamics CRM), OTIS IoT systems and custom systems built primarily on MS based server architectures based in both traditional data centers and the MS Azure Cloud. Working knowledge of the ITIL based support methodology leveraging ServiceNow, and the ability to work with multiple global suppliers simultaneously is critical to success. Experience with mobile platforms (primarily IOS based) is also important.
The OTIS Digital Technology strategy is based on global strategic systems to support sales, service, back office and field operations. The WHQ infrastructure team is a critical part of this strategy and is responsible for supplying the infrastructure for these global systems, as well as working with the local IT teams to provide support. The OTIS digital technology and operations strategy is based on a leveraged outsourced model, managed by WHQ resources at Farmington WHQ, as well as regionally in Americas, Europe, Asia and China. Resources in the department work with UTC Corporate as well as key infrastructure suppliers, including a significant component of off-shore support.
- Manage day to day IT operations for key OTIS application infrastructures, using ITIL based processes
- Manage on-going operations, while at the same time supporting implementation projects for the key applications, leveraging off-shore teams as needed
- Identify and plan projects to support strategic and operational requirements for key Otis systems that may include mobile devices, computing and other infrastructure components
- Deploy world class technology and streamlined processes, based on ITIL and ServiceNow to enhance the global OTIS IT operations
- Working with the core infrastructure team, develop, manage and execute projects to maintain software and hardware currency in the OTIS key application computing environment
- Work with UTC and multiple partners, and coordinate with OTIS globally to manage service levels, projects and performance related to relevant outsourced operations
- Manage UTC driven infrastructure projects that impact operations and support OTIS participation in relevant Passport (UTC gated implementation methodology) reviews and planning activities
- 8-10 years of experience managing IT operations and related projects involving the implementation of business critical systems on a variety of platforms in a 24x7 environment
- Demonstrates strong technical aptitude, project management, and communication skills
- Experience in an ITIL environment, with good working knowledge of ITIL processes and principles
- Technical experience in large MS based environments
- Experience and background working with large and diverse teams, both onshore and offshore, to define and execute IT projects
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively lead efforts including major incident management, day to day operations, and the delivery of complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrates proficiency in IT areas of analytical thinking and innovation
- Demonstrates leadership and collaboration skills, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and demonstrates ability to perform root cause analyses
- Experience with JD Edwards, MS Dynamics, MS Azure, ServiceNow are all desirable
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related fields
- ITIL Certification is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68746BR