The location for this role can be either Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA
Navigant is seeking a seasoned leader for Navigant’s physician compensationvaluation service line. Essential responsibilities include senior-level management of physician compensation fair market valuation engagements related to single physician practices to large, hospital-based multi-specialty medical groups in a fast-paced environment.
The individual will manage projects that utilize acceptable valuation methodologies, including the income, market, and cost approaches to derive supportable fair market valuation opinions that can withstand commercial reasonableness and regulatory scrutiny. Knowledge about clinical and administrative physician compensationvaluation concepts and methodologies related to ACOs, CINs, and other value-driven models will also be essential.
In addition, this individual will work closely with healthcare business and asset valuation personnel to facilitate project cross-referral opportunities, seamless client relationship management, business development, joint presentations at conferences, staff training, and to optimize staff utilization.
It will also be important for this individual to collaborate with key leaders in Navigant’s healthcare consulting practice, including with the physician compensation strategy, planning, and design team to advise on fair market compensation and to provide support that compensation plans are compliant from a fair market value perspective.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Provide quality control of physician compensationvaluation analyses and written reports;
- Keep updated on latest OIG Advisory Opinions, court cases, industry publications, and conference presentations to provide thought leadership on market trends, key issues, and supportable valuation methods and assumptions;
- Continuously refine and maintain valuation and financial models, including industry survey data and otherquantitative and qualitative inputs;
- Contribute significantly to business development and client relationship building efforts, including assisting with marketing collateral, pitch documents, and conference presentations;
- Manage engagement economics of multiple, concurrent projects including billing and client collection discussions, if necessary; and
- Be willing to assist with physician compensation, business, services, and/or asset valuations with the life sciences team when necessary.
- 8+ years of direct experience with physician compensationvaluation with in-depth knowledge of physician compensationdesign/planning in a consulting environment;
- Undergraduatedegreerequired, emphasis in Economics, Finance, or Accounting preferred (MBA, MHA, or other relevant master’s degree a plus);
- Achievement of or progress towards achievement of ASA, CPA/ABV, CVA, and/or CFA designation preferred;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong business presence and client relationship management skills;
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff; and
- Superior knowledge of MS Office and strong financial modeling skills
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at anotherlocation