Essential Areas of Responsibility:
The Associate Director of Trade Relations will assume daily responsibility for assigned accounts to address contracting, product availability and product related matters. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer’s business from tracking the supply chain, contract compliance and communicating product stocking/availability to relevant stakeholders. The individual will report into the Sr. Director of Trade and Corporate Accounts and work closely withTrade Account Management, Managed Markets, Field Sales, Policy, Commercial Services and Commercial Operations & Analytics.
- Classes of trade include specialty distributors, wholesalers, and other emerging accounts.
- Negotiate, implement and monitor distribution and services agreements with assigned customers as applicable. Seek to achieve maximum market penetration of Alkermes products, contract compliance and product availability.
- Manage daily operations, resolve product availability issues and ensure compliance of distribution agreements and service agreements for assigned accounts. Investigate issues and resolve.
- Develop and execute account-based distribution and inventory management plans aligned to current product life cycle management, including gross/net financial goals.
- Work directly with key customers to develop solutions that achieve Alkermes tradechannel objectives and minimize Alkermes distribution expenses.
- Maintain database of account contacts and attributes.
- Evaluate, analyze and create distribution efficiencies using alternative distribution methods (e.g. Specialty Pharmacy/Distribution, direct distribution, Hospital distributors).
- Calculate FMV where appropriate using defined formats and ranges.
- Represent Alkermes at trade shows, conventions and conferences as appropriate.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
- 10+ year of pharmaceutical experience.
- 5 -10+ years of contracting, sales, and distribution & supply chain management experience in a pharmaceutical / biotech company.
- Strong customer relationship, analytical, strategic and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Experience with specialty injectables and scheduled products preferred.
- Experience in negotiating DSA/IMA agreements and contract compliance
- Established wholesaler relationships preferred
Knowledge / Skills Needed
- Understanding of the current healthcarelandscape, compliant manufacturer practices surrounding promotion, product distribution, and product fulfillment.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to effectively analyze data to determine trends and inform strategy.
- Familiarity with EDI wholesale data (852/867) and data platforms. Ie: Integrichain, Value Centric
- Ability to identify, evaluate and execute contractual and operational efficiencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage 50% domestic travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint