Essential Areas of Responsibility:
TheAssociateDirector of Trade Relations – Retail Pharmacy will assume daily responsibility for assigned pharmacy accounts, contracting and building product awareness and education around Alkermes products and fulfillment. The AssociateDirector will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer’s business including contract compliance, execution of customer facing sales tactics to support the account business plan,and communication of product/program availability to relevant stakeholders. The individual will report into the Director of Trade Relations-Retailand work closely withTrade Account Management, Managed Markets, Field Sales, Policy, Commercial Services and Commercial Operations & Analytics.
- Accounts include National and Regional Chain and Independent Pharmacy accounts.
- Work with Retailers to establish product education protocols, patient education, and ordering protocols.
- Negotiate, implement and monitor distribution and services agreements with assigned customers. Manage distribution agreements to achieve broader distribution/fulfillment of Alkermes products and on-going product availability.
- Manage daily operations, resolve product availability issues and ensure compliance of distribution agreements and service agreements for assigned accounts. Investigate issues and resolve.
- Develop and execute account-based business plans aligned to current product life cycle management. Evaluate, analyze, and create distribution efficiencies using available distribution methods.
- Work directly with key customers to develop solutions that achieve Alkermes tradechannel objectives and minimize Alkermes distribution expenses.
- Maintain database of account contacts and attributes.
- Calculate FMV where appropriate using defined formats and ranges.
- Represent Alkermes at trade shows, conventions and conferences as appropriate.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Master’s degree, PharmD. or MBA a plus.
- 10+ year of pharmaceutical experience.
- 3 to 5 years of contracting, sales, and distribution & supply chain management experience in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology company.
- Prior experience working with retail pharmacies.
- Strong customer relationship, analytical, strategic and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Experience with CNS medications preferred.
Knowledge / Skills Needed
- Understanding of the current healthcarelandscape, compliant manufacturer practices surrounding promotion, product distribution, and product fulfillment.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to effectively analyze data to determine trends and inform strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage 50% domestic travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint