The Associate Director of Technology reports to the Director of Technology and helps execute the technology team mission to drive digital innovation. They must be capable of identifying and vetting engineering talent and must be able lead and mentor their growth.
They are also self-starters, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and they are very comfortable in a dynamic environment and comfortable with change. Critical for success in this role requires working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment with multi-disciplinary teams. Qualified candidates for this role will be curious, creative, and adept at problem solving with leadership skills, business acumen, and a strong desire to contribute to the continued growth and development of the agency and its clients.
New Business Development
- Participates in pre-project business development activities including audits, consulting, pricing, and delivering pitch work
Technology Team Management
- Oversee and manage a team of dedicated developers. Collaborate with other technology directors and cross-department leadership to manage and coordinate all day-to-day product development processes.
Technology Evangelism and Education
- Act as a source of digital innovation for agency, partners, and clients through the research, experimentation, and education of technology business solutions.
Application Development Management
- Directly responsible for the planning, coordination, troubleshooting, deployment and general oversite of the entire software development life cycle.
Agency Technology Liaison
- Perform as the agency’s digital subject matter expert during collaborations with external technology entities such as client IT teams, technology providers, and agency partners.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in upstream project planning activities including audits, consulting, delivering cost and timing estimates, and participation in new business pitches.
- Provides guidance and consultation to clients regarding technology related business challenges and objectives.
- Performs code reviews, audits, and ensures adherence to established coding standards.
- Engages with teams in Application Development, Project Management, User Experience, Product Design, and Business Strategy.
- Collaborates with various disciplines in developing digital project documentation.
- Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for successful implementation and delivery of all technology projects.
- Manages, mentors, and delegates to a team of full time and freelance developers.
- Sets direction for all aspects of our technology practice in partnership with the other members of the technology leadership team.
AREA OF STUDY
Bachelor of Arts (BS)
Master of Science (MS)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert level knowledge of front end development technologies:
- React, Vue, Angular or similar frameworks
- Sass, PostCSS, Styled Components or similar
- Gulp, Webpack, NodeJS or similar build automation tools.
- Expert level knowledge of back end development technologies:
- Python, Java, .Net, PHP
- Express, Django, Laravel or similar frameworks
- Drupal, Wagtail, Sitecore, AEM or other CMS platform
- MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and other database technologies
- Experienced with modern web development practices:
- Responsive and mobile-first web design
- Microservices Architectures
- SPAs, PWAs, and front end application state management
- Systems and Application Architecture Design
- Cross browser/device compatible web apps
- Familiar with cloud service providers:
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Exposed to the development of other technologies:
- Voice Applications and chat bots
- VR, WebVR, and AR
- Mobile Applications
- Smart Devices and IOT