This person will join the Technical Assessment team which is part of Jazz Corporate Development. Technical Assessment provides insightful, timely, and decision enabling R&D assessment of potential new Jazz Pharmaceuticals investment opportunities such as investigational new drugs or marketed drug products. As a member of this team, this person will work closely with the R&D functions (Non-clinical Development, Pharmacology, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Project Management, Regulatory, Quality, Safety and Pharmacovigilance), as well as with New Product Planning (responsible for the commercial assessment), and the rest of the Corporate Development team to identify and assess potential R&D investment opportunities.
This position has varying responsibilities relating to identification and assessment of potential new R&D in-licensing candidates, investments or risksharing opportunities:
- Work with the R&D functions (Non-clinical Development, Pharmacology, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Project Management, Regulatory, Quality, Safety and Pharmacovigilance), as well as with New Product Planning, and the rest of the Corporate Development team to assess investigational new drugs under development or currently marketed drug products for in-licensing
- Provide initial and timely technical evaluation of these opportunities from a clinical, medical, drug development and business perspective
- Develop depth of understanding in a specific therapeutic area, e.g. hematology, oncology, sleep medicine, rare/orphan diseases, etc.
- Coordinate broader/confirmatory R&D due diligence efforts for selected candidates
- Preparation of initial development plans and probability of regulatory and technical success for selected candidates
- Help represent Jazz Pharmaceuticals R&D in interactions with KOLs, companies, academic institutions or other entities pursuant to above responsibilities
- PhD required with a good understanding of molecular biology
- 3 or more years of related experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, demonstrating a broad and proven understanding of early drug development and track record of successful opportunity assessment.
- Experience in one or more of the following therapeutic areas required: sleep medicine, oncology, hematology, rare/orphan diseases and neurology.
- Proven ability to build and lead cross-functional teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and personalities, from different functions, geographies, and backgrounds
- Ability to think critically, anticipate and solve problems
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Embody and model Jazz Pharmaceuticals core values.