The Northeast Region Tax Finance Lead (AFL) is the finance relationship owner (FRO) for the Northeast Region Tax Managing Partner and the Northeast Region Finance Leader. The AFL will serve as a key member of the region's leadership team. The Northeast Region Tax Finance Lead supervises and mentors the practice finance support and other finance team members in providing financial advice to the Tax practice, and collaborates with other key FRO roles such as the Region Finance Leader on both service line and region finance initiatives. The AFL will also team with various finance and operational leaders to provide analytical support, functional expertise, reporting solutions, transaction processing, and sharing of best practices.
- Direct the strategic delivery of the Tax service line business' finance initiatives.
- Prepare, review and consolidate annual budgets and forecasts/projections for the Northeast Region Tax practice.
- Provide technical financial advice, knowledge and counsel to others within the finance discipline.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the line of business.
- Assist the service line of business with the day-to-day management of the inventory, including the billing, collecting and revenue day management within the service line.
- Monitor and track financial results against goals and historical performance leveraging reports from the Reporting Center of Excellence (COE).
- Collaborate with the Reporting COE to develop and maintain primary financial reporting solutions to deliver actionable, accurate, and timely distribution of critical information.
- Provide review of critical measurement information such as profitability, inventory levels, realization, utilization, staffing levels, indirect and practice-related expense controls, and cash collections offering timely insight and proactive recommendations for improvement.
- Supports the Northeast Region Finance Leader.
- Drives key methods and processes at the direction of Executive Finance (e.g. financial planning); ensures the Region Finance Lead is appropriately informed and advised.
- Supports the Group CFO Tax via the Area Tax Finance Lead and communicates Region-specific perspectives.
- Assist the Region Finance Leader in the coordination of business unit-related activities as requested and keeps the Region Finance Leader informed of action items in process and their timetables.
- Provide analytical and strategic counsel to support the growth and strategy of the Northeast business operations.
- Pro-actively propose new ideas/initiatives to address areas for improvement.
- Pro-actively identifies vague and/or complex issues in the business with actionable recommendations to positively impact the bottom line.
- Positively support change management and new initiatives, by providing solution-focused counsel, action, teaming and collaboration to help successfully achieve desired business objective or outcome.
- Provide strategic advice and analyses to enable well-informed business decisions, helping the business achieve its market leadership goals.
- Articulate financial results by providing business operational commentary, including a forward thinking perspective.
- Receives general direction rather than supervision.
- Be responsible for the selection and performance management of supporting finance roles. .
- Participate in firm's finance initiatives and subcommittees as needed.
- Limited regional travel may be required based on business need
Knowledge and Skill requirement
- Proven ability to influence and partner with senior level executives.
- Able to manage multiple projects, prioritize demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Adept at cultivating excellent relationships with client and team members, fostering a high performance culture.
- Recognized as a focused and dedicated leader, strategic problem solver, subject matter expert and trusted business advisor who thrives in a creative and forward-thinking work environment.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with decision making capabilities are essential for role. Common areas where you will apply these skills are:
- Leading finance service line change initiatives across the Region
- Teaming with other key FROs to ensure exceptional client service to the service line Managing Partner and service line Leadership Team
- Assessing the drivers of financial results with constant focus on improvement and rapid course correction where necessary
- Analyzing data in order to form and communicate a crisp view of the financial metrics to the Tax Leadership
- Able to work in a self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities
- Demonstrates the ability to challenge assumptions and decisions in an appropriate manner
- Has a deep understanding of the drivers of financial performance and applies constantly to analyze and advise on progress against targets
Bachelor's degree in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance) or equivalent experience is required to perform this position.
A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required to perform this position. A general understanding of the external services offered by the firm and the overall area/regional markets landscape would be beneficial.