As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Associate Director, Supply Chain in our Supply Chain business located in either Hampton, New Hampshire OR Simpsonville, South Carolina.
The position is responsible for the leadership and management of the overall planning, development and execution of major subcontract initiatives to support Enterprise goals, objectives, and expected financial results. Key attributes of this position include the ability to push frontiers achieving breakthrough results in material availability, asset management, competitive total cost of ownership, and customer satisfaction levels. The individual selected must possess analytical and systemic thinking skills that will drive the subcontract organization to define true root cause and corrective actions driving higher levels of performance. The candidate will also have a solid track record of demonstrated leadership skills, being results oriented and ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Holds accountability for overseeing the development and execution of major subcontract initiatives and industrial procurements throughout the global Enterprise consistent with the related prime contract, business plan or annual operating plan.
Ensures subcontracts support Enterprise strategies through continual focus on the reduction of total cost of ownership. Ensures that the subcontract function has ownership of creating supply chain strategy for key pursuits and throughout program life cycle. Oversees subcontract program/project cost, schedule and risk of programs. Maintains a strong emphasis on performance-based supplier relationships.
- Conducts cadence reviews with executive leadership as well as with internal and external customers.
- Presents program status at program reviews and to senior leadership, communicating with all levels of the Enterprise.
- Collaborates and supports all business units to drive consistent subcontracting and program management focus. Develops and manages performance-based subcontracts, acting as a resource for contracts, interpretation of business law, terms and conditions, and supplier financial analysis. Interfaces with business unit leadership to resolve subcontracting issues and set strategic direction for all subcontracts. Ensures monitoring and reporting of subcontractors via departmental, M&S Scorecard and PMO cadence reviews.
- Establishes and implements consistent subcontracting policies and procedures enterprise-wide. Ensures compliance with all import and export rules and regulations. Provides interpretation and leadership to ensure good business practices consistent with government and Enterprise policies, procedures and ethics.
- Ensures contract awards are completed on time, in a consistent format, and meet all DOA requirements.
- Communicates Enterprise goals and responds to assistance requests from the regional subcontractlocations. Creates optimal staffing plan and ensure the proper balance of skill sets exist to effectively supportinternal customers. Establishes job requirements and performance standards and persists in recruiter efforts until the standards are met. Considers candidates from diverse social groups and backgrounds using consistent, structured, job-related selection tools.
- Correcting Performance Problems - Provides specific, meaningful feedback pertaining to substandard performance, pointing out deficiencies as they occur and providing corrective guidance as appropriate. Takes immediate action on poor performance, addressing performance that falls below expectations. Tactfully and privately coach employees on ways to close the gap between performance and expectations, remaining focused on improvement strategies.
- Analysis - Approaches decision making and problem solving by systematically gathering information from a variety of sources and developing viable alternatives. Are comfortable analyzing issues of a strategic nature, taking into
Push Frontiers - Inspires others to stretch beyond what they thought they could do; Fosters a customer focused environment; Challenges "the way it has always been done"; Pursues initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities, and to counter competitive threats; Remains open to new ways of doing business; Critically examines rules to see if they have outlived their usefulness; Promotes experimentation and prudent risk taking.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline
- 10 years of related experience
- In the absence of a Bachelor's degree, must have 16 years of related experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.