Carrier is a world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, Fire, and Security solutions. Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. With a $18B revenue, it operates 51 factories and 39 research & design centers worldwide, with more than 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 180 countries.
Carrier has an immediate opening for an Associate Director, Succession planning & Talent pool management
This role will be the leading expert senior leadership will turn to to get advice and support on high potential identification and succession planning for critical corporate positions. This position will have ownership of programs and processes developed to accelerate the top talent's readiness. This position will recommend strategies to senior leadership on programs, tools & practices to enhance high potential identification, succession planning, and talent management. This individual will report to the Talent, engagement & culture Executive Director and will have the opportunity to work closely with Business Units and functional leadership.
The ideal candidate will have near-term career upside and the potential to take on broader responsibilities.
- Set and deploy the strategy, programs, and practices on leadership development reviews, succession planning, high potential identification in connection with the company’s culture and business strategies
- Subject Matter Expert on high potential identification, success profiles, succession planning, talent pool management tools, practices, & trends to provide senior leadership in the businesses and the HR population with advice and guidance.
- Own Leadership Development Review, governance, processes, action planning, and administration end to end
- Own the high potential identification, development plans, and related activities end to end
- Develop and implement a Talent pool management approach
- Develop and implement success profiles for the critical position and key capabilities in connection with the company’s culture and strategies
- Provide analysis & insights on the state and health of our talent succession, readiness & high potential management to recommend and lead actions based on these findings.
- Provide the organization with support and training on programs, tools, and practices in the file of high potentials, succession planning, and talent management to continuously improve managerial practices and work environment
- Benchmark market trends to identify the most relevant practices to bring in
- Manage the selection and relationship with relevant vendors
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the field of Human Resources
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in succession planning, talent pool management, high potential at a global level
- Prior demonstrated experience leading on a global scale succession planning, high potential identification, and talent pool management
- Ability to identify and promote talent
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting while managing competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, strong teaming orientation, and high adaptability.
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with applying data to business challenges
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Can lead through ambiguity.
- Able to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess good business judgment.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio)
- A second language would be a plus
- BA/BS in adult human resources, business administration, or another related field
- MA/MS/MBA is preferred.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or other federally protected class.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.