At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Change and Continuous Improvement (SC&CI), the Associate Director, SC&CI leads and collaborates with sites, functions and the greater OpEx network on developing and implementing strategies that drive a continuous Improvement culture. This position will lead the identification and execution of strategic and operational priorities across CTDO (Cell Therapy Development and Operations) in support of exceeding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance. In order to achieve this, it will be critical that this position work with multiple sites within the network to meet business objectives and build the foundations to drive continuous, sustainable, flawless execution and performance improvement.
- Apply Continuous Improvement and Lean tools to consistently improve performance, reduce waste and drive productivity across GPS sites and functions.
- Improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance through:
- Business Process Improvement - Define, optimize and maintain end to end business processes
- Lead workshops, Kaizen, DMAIC, PDCA and Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Deployment of Governance Systems
- Deployment of Visual Management Systems
- Root cause problem solving
- Optimization of Labor, Facility, and Space Utilization
- Identification of Meaningful Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Continuous Improvement Education and Training
- Continuous Improvement Project Intake and Prioritization
- Build organizational capability and provide training/coaching
- Lead cross functional teams in understanding the current condition of assigned processes / systems, develop target condition, establish plans to close the gap and coach teams to successfully achieve value capture
- Driving Change Management to promote a culture and mindset of continuous improvement across CTDO sites and embedding it into daily work
- Building, maintaining and leveraging relationships across the matrix to identify opportunities for process improvement and facilitate the implementation of measurement and management systems
- Build organizational capabilities and deploy OpEx training in support of achieving organizational priorities
Professional experience and qualifications
- Scientific or Engineering Bachelor's degree required
- Lean or Six Sigma experience required. Black belt certification preferred
- 10 + years' experience in a high tech/manufacturing environment (Pharmaceutical/Med Device Industry experience preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations and continuous improvement/lean/operational excellence
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing portfolio of projects and in leading change through others to achieve operational excellence.
- Track record of success in the rigorous planning, execution and timely delivery of enterprise level projects and programs
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems in manufacturing and business processes. Proven innovation & opportunity identification translated to tangible initiatives and successful value capture
- Builds relationships, able to negotiate & influence, and manage change in a global matrix environment
- Demonstrated proficiency and passion for lean methodology, tools and manufacturing process improvement
- Exceptional skills in leadership, coaching, analytical problem solving and strong business acumen
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Up to ~30% travel (domestic and International)