As Seattle Genetics’ health economics subject matter expert, the Associate Director/Senior Manager will lead efforts to identify and address global health economics-related drivers and barriers to products’ commercial success. S/he will identify needs, inform clinical trial/ other data collection, complete analyses of data from both primary and secondary sources, and develop products’ value propositions and messaging. Responsibilities will cover Seattle Genetics’ pipeline products. This role will reside within the commercial organization and will require cross-functional collaboration across Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and multiple other functions.
- Lead efforts to develop evidence-based health economic models to support global strategies and local payer needs.
- Evaluate burden of illness, health related quality of life, budget impact, and cost-effectiveness in disease segments of interest for late pipeline agents
- Recommend and prioritize model data requirements which may be addressed through clinical trials and evidence generation activities
- Evaluate existing health economics and outcomes research publications in Seattle Genetics’ disease states of interest to inventory existing supporting data and identify data gaps
- Engage with global health economics opinion leaders; seek their guidance, validation, and support
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Clinical Development to prepare conference presentations, manuscripts, and other communications
- Build/ adapt content and presentations for submission to health insurers and global payment authorities
- PharmD, Masters, or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, or related field
- At least three years of experience in healthcare industry or serving industry clients
- Knowledge of US, Canada, and EU5 healthcare systems
- Persuasive presentation and communication skills
- Oncology or Heme/Onc expertise is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Win respect through competence and timely, high quality work
- Respond to team needs effectively and efficiently
- Proactively recommend appropriate analyses and/or research
- Work effectively with colleagues across functions and levels within an organization
- Use rigorous logic and analytical methods to solve difficult problems
- Manage ambiguity and act with incomplete information
- Be self-motivated and advance projects without supervision
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.