The Associate Director, Software Licensing will be responsible for partnering with Corporate Engineering and IT to develop and drive the Software Licensing sourcing strategy.
The position requires highly tech-set commercial skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to effectively collaborate, influence and communicate at all levels of the organization.
The role requires the ability to work on multiple work streams and manage projects while fostering effective cross-functional team relationships in a collaborative work environment.
A successful candidate will have knowledge of various software licensing pricing models, billing processes, and SAAS models.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop, plan and execute the acquisition and consumption of software:
- Partner with business unit and aligned Engineering and IT Business Relationship Managers to define desired requirements and outcomes
- Identify cost reduction opportunities, explore alternatives, and assess impact
- Support the creation, distribution and analysis of responses to RFI’s, RFQ’s, and RFP’s
- Support negotiation efforts, develop deal summary, and oversee approval process
- Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the acquisition and consumption of IT Software
- Develop strong supplier relationships to drive effectiveness and value against technical strategies by facilitating supplier reviews and generating continuous improvement ideas
- Analyze supplier metrics and track performance to confirm SLA’s are driving the desired outcome
- Resolve disputes as they occur, in partnership with Engineering and IT Leadership
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant and practical experience managing vendors providing software for infrastructure and business application solutions both on premise and in the cloud
- Working knowledge of how software is used and licensed from major providers including but not limited to:
Microsoft, Amazon, SAP, Oracle, Dell/VMWare, IBM and ServiceNow
- Excellent customer facing skills and ability to interface with technical engineers and analysts as well as management at all levels
- Demonstrated experience building relationships and credibility across functions and organizational levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong business judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- BA/BS required with a focus in IT and Strategic Sourcing or a related field
- MBA from a nationally recognized program preferred
Job ID 73171BR