Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Associate Director of Software Engineering manages the development of medical device software and systems from concept through release, utilizing a combination of internal and external software development resources. He/she works within cross-functional teams and provides software requirements, design and implementation for current and next generation Windows based software for both product and tool software. He/she develops a thorough understanding of design requirements to ensure that the system's objectives are properly defined and ultimately achieved. The Software Engineering Manager must have strong technical skills complemented by great communications and leadership qualities.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Manage overall software development and maintenance activities for new and existing product lines.
- Maintain a prioritized list of defects and new feature requests.
- Work with Clinical, Marketing, Regulatory, Customer Service, Operations, Quality, and IT to clarify design requirements.
- You will coordinate with team members to manage, track and control project issues to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Develop reports to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks and overall status.
- Demonstrated experience driving multiple complex projects with competing priorities to achieve business goals and key objectives.
- Identifying, monitoring, reporting and escalating project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Work collaboratively with and provide technical leadership to internal and external resources to design and develop the Windows embedded system and PC based tools.
- Contribute to requirements definition at the functional level.
- Lead in-house developers and liaise with external developers during development life cycle, including project scoping, tracking, and troubleshooting.Collaborate with other product developers, including test engineers, human factors specialists, clinicians, and mechanical engineers.
- Track project spending against budget and progress against schedule.
- Build and mentor in-house software engineering team.
- Track individual and team progress against goals and objectives, and evaluate performance of team members.
- Drive improvements to product and process quality.
- At least 10 years of product design and development experience.
- At least five years of experience in medical devices, ideally Class II devices.
- At least five years of project management and functional management experience.
- Candidate should be a strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear "multiple hats" and perform a wide range of tasks within a dynamic environment.
- Hands-on product software design, development, deployment, and support experience, including extensive experience interfacing software and electronics.
- Extensive understanding of software and system architectures and embedded systems. Of particular interest is experience with state machine driven architectures.
- At least 7 years of Windows experience and at least 5 years of experience with embedded Windows programming with C# and. NET.
- Experience developing WPF-based applications as well as exposure to MEF and WCF strongly preferred.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA's Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements.
- BS in Software Engineering or equivalent degree