A day in the life of an Associate Director of Software Development
- As an Associate Director, you will have a mix of technical and people leadership responsibilities under the overall direction of the Senior Director for the VetConnect PLUS platform. You should be as comfortable coaching and mentoring team members as you are committing code for major new features.
- You will manage a cross functional team of Software Developers and Test Engineers - spending a portion of your time mentoring and coaching individuals to help them achieve their career goals. We view this as a key part of building and retaining a high-quality team.
- Our team operates in a fast-moving agile manner using the Scrum framework so experience with Agile teams is a plus. You will work with a closely-knit team of developers, designers, product managers and QA testers - so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background in customer facing software development with a strong emphasis on the full web application stack and a solid understanding of technologies from the database to the presentation tier. Using the latest technologies means you must be willing to continuously learn new things.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 10 years software development experience with a strong emphasis on high traffic customer facing web sites
- Experience leading a team of developers with a focus on cross functional collaboration
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform (App Engine, Cloud Datastore, Big Query)
- Experience working with AWS Platform and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with Web UI Technologies such as Angular, HTML and CSS
- Experience designing and building REST APIs
- Experience transforming business requirements into elegant designs and clean, unit tested code
- Experience working on a cross functional Agile Scrum team
- Experience with building internationalized web and mobile applications (IOS/Android) a plus
- Experience with Maven and CI build tools such as Jenkins a plus