Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
As a key member of the sleep marketing team, this person will lead key components of the consumer marketing effort for the newest product in the Sleep Business Unit. This role will include leveraging data to make informed promotional decisions relating to both disease education and branded campaigns and focus on leading media and CRM efforts, initially. Serving as a team player, showing up as a leader and demonstrating the Jazz corporate values on a daily basis will be critical success factors to the role.
Core Functions & Expectations:
- Marketing Plan Development and Execution: Work with the marketing team and other functions to execute and refine consumer marketing plan with the goal of driving adoption of sleep among target audiences; participate in the development and execution of the annual brand plan
- Strategic Thinking: Think strategically across the brand to identify opportunities to align and further complement efforts to maximize investments; identify opportunities to innovate across the brand and portfolio
- Media: Lead robust consumer media campaign, serving as the point of contact with agency partner. Evaluate and refine existing plan across unbranded and branded campaigns; develop measurement plans, regularly evaluate performance and make optimization decisions. Work with cross-functional teams as appropriate on channels that may overlap to ensure efficiencies
- CRM: Lead consumer CRM efforts, including execution across non-personal communications; evaluate and evolve existing strategy, content, execution approach
- Insights and Analytics: Initiate and analyze qualitative and quantitative market data to continually gain a deeper understanding of the customer, brand, disease area, and market. Propose informed strategies and tactics to address key unmet needs. Work with advanced analytics to set up measurement plans to assess program performance and optimize spend across marketing mix
- Operations: Lead PMRC reviews relating to applicable work; responsible for applicable consumer marketing budget management, including managing work orders, accrual process, applicable forecast lines; work with cross-functional teams including commercial services and finance department, as needed. Manage relationships with strategic partners and vendors to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner while remaining on budget; condition partners for executional excellence and hold them accountable for success metrics
- Collaboration: Work closely with HCP team to ensure alignment across audiences; develop strong relationships with franchise counterparts to ensure awareness and alignment across portfolio; participate in cross-functional sub-teams to ensure alignment and appropriate execution on consumer plan across
- Brand and Company Stewardship: Represent the brand vision and marketing team objectives at all times; adhere to regulatory, medical and compliance marketing parameters
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or a related discipline; MBA is desirable
- 7+ years previous US pharmaceutical consumer marketing experience
- Demonstrated record of effectively working in cross-functional team
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, project management and organizational skills
- Pharmaceutical career progression demonstrating growth in responsibility and scope, particularly in commercial positions
- Launch experience is desirable, agency experience is a plus
- Experience leading consumer media for a retail pharmaceutical brand, across channels; TV experience a plus
- Experience supporting or leading CRM campaign (either directly or as an agency support)
- Retail pharmaceutical marketing experience