We are seeking an Associate Director, Single Cell Product Marketing to lead the global downstream commercial efforts of our Single Cell product portfolio. This position will be responsible for leading the execution of product marketing activities, ensuring the Single Cell solutions are positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly. This role will require interfacing with multiple product managers within the Single Cell product portfolio and marketing program management, marketing communications, sales and distribution teams. They will be responsible for driving the go-to-market and sustaining marketing efforts by understanding the various market segments and positioning associated amongst the entire Single Cell portfolio. This role will need to consider numerous factors such as intended market segments and research areas, customer personas, competitive products, and how well the product fits with the company's business model and strategic goals.
- Drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Sales, Technical Support and R&D) to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals.
- Responsible for competitive positioning and messaging to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x’s Single Cell Portfolio
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product marketing.
- Works in collaboration with Marketing Communications to bring new products to market, being the lead on the global go-to-market strategies.
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- Leads market development activities within specific research areas and customer segments to drive revenue and sales opportunities
- Partners closely with Single Cell product management teams to gain an understanding of product features and relevance to market segments
- Interfaces with marketing communications to ensure that each research area is addressed by Single Cell portfolio’s yearly roadmap
- Creates sales enablement tools, webinars, support content and other relevant content in close collaboration with product management
- Partners with Marketing Communications to develop key marketing campaign collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for their portfolio.
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is desired.
- Gene expression, NGS background preferred
- MBA with emphasis in marketing is preferred.
- A minimum 5 years of Product Marketing experience and at least 3 years of experience in the NGS Life Science industry.
- Market development and marketing communications experience highly desired.
- Experience project managing activities with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Ability to highly effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail