- Manages all functions related to SMA operations and serves as a primary liaison and client service associate between WMs and external SMA/ RIA managers (i.e. new accounts, disbursements, misc. requests).
- Onboard new SMA/RIA Managers in collaboration with Trading, FRIM Research, FRSC Compliance, and PWM Systems Support.
- Ensures the appropriate controls and tools are in place to manage, measure and actively mitigate operational risks across the SMA operations functions.
- Prepares presentation materials and reports for review and distribution to additional team members including FRIM research and FRIM executive management.
- Ensures department is audit ready and assists in both internal and external audits pertaining to the Investment Services Operations Division and it sub-teams.
- Actively participates in management team’s effort to improve and scale the middle-office capabilities.
DISCLAIMER: Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven history of providing extraordinary service
- Ability to further the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Team player with positive energy
- Task driven self-starter
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Handles challenges head on with little guidance
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver assignments and projects on schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Pershing and NetX 360 preferable
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 5 to 7 years of financial services experiences at a premier brokerage firm or registered investment advisor/manager
- 2 to 3 years dealing with SMA/RIA’s or client onboarding
- 4-year college degree with a business concentration
- Series 7, 9/10 (or 24), and 66 licenses preferred
- Project management certification a plus
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs.
Workplace Environment: General Office Environment (Administrative)