Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, SAP Application Management - Purchase to Pay opportunity at our US Corporate Headquarters in Northbrook, IL.
This role will provide global SAP functional & technical solution integration leadership for the end to end processes within Purchase to Pay & Travel-Expense processes, for the implementation and on-going management of Astellas strategic program / platform (APPLE S4, Ariba and Concur) and regional manufacturing SAP systems.
Accountable for the overall global template of P2P processes technical solution, integration of various processes, solution and data aspects for program implementation and on-going management of solution. Manage solution issues and risks to ensure the design, development of a standard SAP solution with minimal or no customizations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successful global template technical solution implementation meeting full value realization across the business functions of Purchase to Pay, Travel & Expenses and inter-related processes. Enable the realization of the strategic direction by implementing standard, leading practice global template-based solutions and following established governance on design principles, solution development and deployment.
- Responsible for S4 Purchasing, Ariba, Concur and HR Mini-master integration to Apple Ariba, Concur systems
- Coordinates with cross-functional work-stream leads, System Integrator(s), external suppliers, and Astellas functional business leaders to drive solution design, deployment and overall governance of the global template.
- Coordinate with supply chain for purchasing global design to standardize the direct and indirect procurement processes
- Coordinate with finance for accounts payable global design to standardize direct, indirect and employee expenses with proper integration to complex cost objects and assets
- Participates in strategic planning and budgeting activities for Apple Platform and regional SAP solutions and platforms on an on-going basis.
- Under the guidance of Solution Delivery and architecture lead, develop and maintain a 5-year application roadmap for the Purchase to Pay, Travel-Expense function, ensuring it reflects the current and future business needs, aligned with industry, SAP best practices and solution roadmap.
- Create and own the SAP Purchase to Pay & Travel-Expense solution plan globally and drive completion of all deliverables. Develop and maintain guidelines, principles, policies, standards, reference models and best practices for all matters related to SAP/ERP & program related processes and solution integration.
- Under the guidance of SAP Solution delivery lead, enforce governance of the standards and bring visibility to customizations and deviations. Drive harmonized industry-best practice process across all business functions and geographies allowing minor configurations (as necessary for legal, regulatory requirement) with no customizations.
- Partnering with the global business work stream leads, serve as the custodian of the Purchase to Pay, Travel-Expense solution template.
- Participate and contribute towards the development of technical design / solution. Lead and facilitate design sessions amongst business, IS stakeholders/leaders & SME(s), driving integration and eliminating gaps.
- Adopt established global template solution governance process; clearly articulate what is global template and what qualifies as localization. Manage Demand globally, establish a release schedule that is managed via template versions and coordinate the rollout of the template version releases globally
- Establish and maintain a repository of processes and solution documentation/assets that encompasses the global template clearly articulating in-scope solutions of the global template. Maintain assets that are current and visually depict the global template solution in forms of entity relationship structures, intercompany relationships including both physical and financial flow of goods and services and all process flows.
- Maintain a solution guide that articulates supported languages (system, data, and output), currencies and various other rules that make up the overall Solution. Maintain the guide, as the business requirements and solution continue to evolve.
- Manage and own Solution documentation of the Apple Platform and other SAP systems in Solution Manager and other approved enterprise repository. Ensure the documentation always reflect the current business and system processes, solution.
- Responsible and accountable for 100% adherence to Astellas SDLC, CSV, Change management, JSOX controls (ITGC and application controls).
- Collaborate and align with Apple Architect and provide input to the Design Authority board for the program.
- Collaborate within the different workstreams and project team members to resolve conflicts, issues, and deviations and drive them to resolution
- Adopt the continuous development of the innovation culture; work with people in such a manner as to build high enthusiasm and group commitment to the development of a robust solution that meets and or exceeds program goals and objectives
- Lead the continuous development of the innovation culture; work with people in such a manner as to build high enthusiasm and group commitment to the development of a robust solution that meets and or exceeds program goals and objectives
- 5-10 years of industry experience with a proven record of accomplishment as a team lead of large and complex SAP business system transformation programs.
- >10 years of experience with implementing & leading SAP Purchase to Pay team in a lead configuration role
- 5 years of experience as a team lead of the P2P project team
- 3 years of experience in the Life Sciences Industry
- Major large, complex high-end SAP, Ariba, Concur implementations; experience in multi-country implementations required
- Broad and deep SAP application and technical knowledge including latest innovations required
- Must have had hands-on experience with designing, configuring and implementing SAP (Ariba, Concur) solutions and modules covering business processes in Purchase to Pay, Travel & Expense.
- Must have had experience with implementing one or more of the SAP solutions listed below and should have hands-on prior SAP Ariba, SAP SRM, Concur, SAP ECC or S4 HANA design and or deployment experience in multiple modules.
- SAP Ariba Sourcing, Contracts, P2P, Invoice Pro, SLP, ICS, Spend Analytics
- SAP Concur Travel & Expense
- ERP -- SAP S4/HANA, SAP ECC, SAP SRM, Business Partner Master data
- Solution awareness and overall understanding of one or more of the solutions below is required:
- SAP MDG
- Governance Risk and Control systems -- SAP GRC, Greenlight AVM, invoice conversion solutions
- Any experience with SAP solutions for Brazil
- Bolt-on applications such as Vertex / Thompson Reuters Tax Engine
- User experience and Mobility -- SAP FIORI
- Analytics and Business Intelligence -- SAP BW4/HANA, S4/HANA Analytics, Business Objects
- SAP Systems landscape (Hybrid model)
- Administration systems -- SAP Solution Manager, Enable Now, HP ALM & Worksoft, TDMS
- Application integration technologies -- SAP PO, CPI, External gateway systems
- Ability to work in highly matrixed environments managing global teams comprised of employees and system integrators.
- Demonstrated ability to lead culturally diverse teams including offshore models
- Innovative mindset and experience with agile, proto-typing and rapid development models
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, analytical, change management and communication skills.
- Aligned with program goals and principles
- Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent understanding of business functional areas and "end to end" global business processes & sub-processes
- Work experience across multiple cultures and countries / regions is a plus
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- A Bachelor's degree is required