The position will have overall responsibility for sales operations activities for the Integrated Drug Development (IDD) Division. The scope of the role includes both strategic and tactical planning in support of the business development and account teams. This key role will drive data-driven decision processes throughout the commercial organization to drive our rhythm of business to grow and support a profitable sales opportunity pipeline. The individual may also be tasked with providing leadership in selected financial and business operations activities in IDD, as identified by the SVP, Operations and Commercial Services, IDD.
- Oversee execution of an account planning process within IDD in collaboration with Business Development, Account Leadership and Commercial Services
- Leverage business insights to inform & influence sales leadership & strategic decision making including: gathering client-specific intelligence, identifying key stakeholders, devising account strategy, and planning opportunity cultivation and pursuit.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual account planning cycle to enable effective strategy development and business development activity planning
- Create, implement, and monitor reporting to enhance visibility and support operations of business development activities including pipeline and sales reporting, sales analysis and customer segmentation and targeting
- Manage processes to actively assess, revise, and manage inbound opportunity pipeline
- Oversee governance process to assess pricing, scoping, resourcing and other key project attributes prior to contract closure to ensure adherence to pricing and profitability guidelines
- Work on conjunction with business development, finance and operational leadership to maintain critical KPIs
- Oversee customer satisfaction program to gather key customer insights and drive remediation steps with impacted accounts and practice areas
- Develop sales enablement tools to create playbooks, trainings, and related materials for our client-facing roles
- Coordinate with and support business operations activities as needed and work with other divisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations, engineering or relevant field.
- An advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years with Sales Operations experience and/or 5+ years as a Sales Leader with Client and Account management experience, in the Pharmaceutical Industry preferred.
- Comparable operational leadership roles and experience in global services, consulting or software companies, preferably in the Life Sciences industry.
- Comfortable navigating across a multi-level organization and able to work with different stakeholders with different business needs and at times, different priorities.
- Effective communications skills, including presentation and writing. Experienced presenting to senior management
- Prior experience in defining and optimizing business operations processes
- A strategic influencer, thought leader and trusted advisor with strong negotiating skills to manage up and down the organizational hierarchy
Skills & Abilities:
- Sound strategic thinking and business analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to conduct a variety of operations transactions, operations analyses and implementation tasks
- Strong analytical approach for metrics creation for tracking of project and business results
- Experience utilizing Salesforce or other comparable Customer Relationship Management platform
- Strong relationship building skills, including experience bringing together diverse groups of stakeholders and helping them to work through to common solutions that meet the needs of the groups and the organization, while maintaining relationships.
- Conflict resolution; skilled in troubleshooting, problem solving & continuous improvement
- Ability to multitask, work under deadlines, manage customer expectations and execute
- Acknowledge multiple stakeholder requirements and work together to develop solutions
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects and set priorities in a very fluid and fast paced environment
- Effective group facilitation skills and ability to run efficient and effective meetings
- Creative practitioner able to adapt to changing business and organizational requirements.
- Able to achieve IDD business goals by collaborating with operations colleagues across divisions and Corporate.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, can-do attitude with a strong sense of problem solving