The Associate Director, Sales Operations will be responsible leading, managing and directing all operational aspects of enabling Illumina’s sales teams across the Americas (AMR). The AD Sales Ops will work collaboratively to develop and implement strategies and goals for the AMR commercial organization in addition to taking regional ownership of sytems, processes and technology utilized to achieve them. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the Americas commercial leadership team and the global operations teams in headquarters to drive success in these areas. This role will be responsible for the management of those leading the sales support team, and sales analytics teams, and the growth and development of individuals and managers leading these functions. In addition to management and the setting of direction, the AD must be a strong business process owner for all aspects related to business management within the sales team, including forecasting, pipeline management, territory and account management and related processes and methodologies. At all times keeping focus on productivity, efficiency and effictiveness across the Americas region.
All About You
- Business process owner for all aspects related to business management within the sales team, including forecasting, pipeline management, territory and account management and related tools, processes and methodologies. Be a voice within the sales team and to departments supporting the sales team on the importance on focusing on customers, their experience and the revenue benefits of maximizing customer relationships.
- Additional oversight for sales support/commercial coordinator function, including quoting, standing agreement and large deal reviews. Oversight over all systems and technology utilized by the sales and marketing teams including salesforce.com, Quickbase, SAP, Cognos, Tableau etc.
- Manage, grow and implement development plans for managers and team members in the sales operations organization. This includes performance management leveraging Illumina’s leadership development model.
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial Operations and AMR Commercial leadership team to define optimal performance measurements and programs to ensure sales organization success. Align reporting, training, coaching and incentive programs with these priorities.
- Develop strong rapport with the broader AMR Commercial team and be clearly seen as their voice in the development of initiatives to enable their sustained success.
- Develop and lead the annual AMR strategic planning process in partnership with the AMR Commercial leadership team
- Leverage a strong understanding of AMR business needs to represent the region and recommend changes to process, systems and technology, as appropriate, to global operations and management stakeholders.
- Collaborate effectively cross-functionally with multiple deparments including operations, training, sales management, marketing, customer support, inside sales and others to execute on an strategically prioritized project plan. Help continuously improve performance in productivity, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and execute methods to test success of programs and foster innovation to drive sales force performance.
- Direct the ops & analytics team in the development of dashboards and tools that enable sales management to easily review performance and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Ensure sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales, markeing and operations organization. Develop and oversee new reporting tools as needed.
- Work closely with the training department to review and improve oboarding programs for new team members to decrease time to maximum productivity. Oversee the delivery of operations training to the sales and marketing teams.
- Leverage unique insight gained from the sales and marketing teams to provide feedback and direction to project or development road maps for other departments (eg. Training, Operations, support functions, finance, legal etc)
- Provide recommendations to the senior management team on consderations for future sales force structure, compensation and roles and responsibilities to maximize efficieny and effectiveness of the sales and marketing teams.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales operations and/or commercial analytics experience in technology and/or strategic selling environment. Sales and/or related management experience a plus
- Proven leadership skills and ability to orchestrate, resource and motivate teams
- Demonstrates integrity, quality, self-accountability, and the ability to lead, coach, and mentor employees.
- Possess strong project management experience, with clear ability to prioritise and manage aggressive timelines in complex organizational environment
- Experience in performance management and/or training is a strong advantage
- Performs duties with a high level of flexibility, objectivity, discretion and professionalism for different levels and types of interactions
- Innate ability to navigate through new software applications
- Possess an open, flexible, and positive can-do attitude with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to deliver quality work in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work in team settings, and work independently
- Creative / Problem solving approach to business and execution challenges
- Insatiable desire to succeed and need for achievement. Gets the job done regardless of obstacles, while being in alignment with the company strategy and doing what is right for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, business, life science or other related field.