Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job – it’s personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
The Associate Director, Sales and Marketing Operations supports the commercial organization in ensuring successful execution of customer and field facing tactical initiatives. This role will oversee field sales reporting, sales force automation, fleet operations, speaker programs and conferences, and Promotional Review Committee (PRC) activity.
- Strategic oversight and execution of key marketing operations tactics, which includes:
- Strategic planning in collaboration with brand marketing, vendor management, contracting, and tactical execution, tracking and reporting on all metrics
- Commercial oversight and execution of key commercial and field processes, including vendor/system management and tracking and communicating metrics
- Commercial accountability for effective medical-legal-review process in collaboration with regulatory partners; commercial contracting; materials management and fulfillment
- Attract and retain top talent; coach and develop team to achieve clearly defined goals and expectations; effectively communicate and collaborate across internal cross-functional teams and with stakeholders to ensure successful execution and alignment on accountabilities
- Drive initiatives in support of sales force effectiveness
- Deliver fact-based recommendations on ways to improve operational practices and processes to increase overall sales force success
- Support ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
- 7-10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with relevant experience in project management, marketing, sales operations, data analysis, and decision support
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail, the ability to take ownership of issues, to work independently with confidence, and to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise judgment and discretion
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and demonstrate strong teaming and partnering skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires approximately 10-20% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.