As an Associate Director Sales /Business Development at IHS Markit, your primary responsibility will be to retain and grow new upstream energy data, software, and insight revenue within an assigned account base. You will develop, manage and create new relationships from the geoscientist to the C-Suite.
- Sell solutions: You will be assigned sales goals relative to both growing existing customer accounts and securing new business. Adopt a structured, solutions-based sales process that enables you to meet and exceed your sales targets. You will also generate and deliver compelling sales proposals to customers.
- Get to know our customers: Establish and maintain executive-level relationships in major functional areas of our customers’ organizations; understand their workflows; know what over-arching sales strategy is being deployed within each account. Use this knowledge, combined with your thorough understanding of our full suite of offerings, to develop tailored solutions that enhance the value of the insights we deliver to our customers.
- Bring new ideas to light: Introduce new Energy capabilities to organizations within your assigned clients. Provide ongoing feedback about customer needs to our Product Management and Research teams.
- Provide visibility: Deliver an accurate monthly sales forecast to your Sales Leader in the CRM system.
- 5-6 years+ experience selling data content, software, consulting, business solutions or other intangibles.
- Experience and knowledge of Upstream Energy Geoscience, Business Development, New Ventures, and Strategic Planning workflows (will also consider broader upstream energy sector workflow experiences).
- Developing contracts and the proposal process, as well as some experience negotiating with clients.
- Analyzing business opportunities develop effective sales strategies and close business.
- Developing account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue.
- Conducting effective presentations to clients at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues, management and all points of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred.