Job Family: Risk
Monitors activities to minimize the company’s exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company’s activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
Job Function: Risk Management
Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures established by the company. Manages policy, standard definition and monitoring of policy, standard implementation, ensuring harmonization and consistency of risk policies. Monitors and manages risk/exposure and compliance with the company’s policies. Identifies, manages and reports on the company’s risk areas. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of data, document retention, and monitors systems.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate Director, Risk Management drives and leads all projects supporting theRisk Management Framework initiatives with the RDA, Corporate and T&O corresponding groups.
- Drives and leads all projects supporting theRisk Management Framework initiatives with the RDA, Corporate and T&O corresponding groups.
- Participates in forums, lead efforts, conversations and regular reporting to senior management.
- Drives data migrations to new corporate solutions.
- Governs, validates, and supports the maintenance of the relevant Policies, Guidelines and Frameworks related to Operational Risk Reporting and KRI management/Management of issues in IGRC tool.
- Drives automation projects of key processes for the Risk function.
- Manages independent testing programs on key risk indicators.
- Manages findings until implementation with respective counterparties and presentation of results to senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, Management, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 12-15 years Risk Management
- Financial Services industry.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Strong risk management principles, methodologies and tools, governance principles and activity preferably in a financial services technology environment.
- Strong knowledge of workflow/processes and risks/controls, including: origination, underwriting, servicing, and collections/workout.
- Ability to independently operate in a complex, matrixed environment; adept at delivering and maintaining productive working relationships across business, functions, geographies and lines of defense
- Advanced risk, process, and control validation and/or assessment skills.
- Ability to direct, train and guide peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.