Associate Director Revenue Accounting
Fast growing public bio tech/pharma company is looking to fill out their Sr Management level team
Responsible for the revenue recognition processes, accounting, monthly close and reporting accurately and timely in compliance with GAAP and SOX.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on revenue recognition related issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Complete month-end close for US gross and net revenue in a timely and accurate manner to meet financialreporting deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with the SalesOperations, Marketing, and external vendors to ensure all programs contemplated in gross and net revenue accurately and completely.
- Prepare/post/review “gross to net” revenue adjustments, journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data and accounts.
- Verify/analyze sales, rates, wholesaler inventory, return, shipment in transit, Medicaid, managed care and other data for accuracy and completeness in order to resolve variances identified.
- Establish and maintain insightful salesreports/dashboard for variance, royalty, rebate program, strategic analyses and management review.
- Develop, maintain and update revenueaccounting procedures and manuals.
- Maintain and test accounting, control procedures and documentation to ensure the accuracy and completeness of gross revenue and “gross to net” revenue adjustments in compliance with GAAP, company policies and SOX requirements.
- Maintain a central repository of all customercontracts and rates of “gross to net” components; review reports of changes.
- Assist in the revenuecontract bid review process to ensure proper revenue recognition and documentation.
- Prepare audit requested schedule and assist with external auditprocess.
- Ad-hocreporting and analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including high level of proficiency using Excel
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 years relevant including revenue accounting in a pharmaceutical industry