Returns and Incident Resolutions is a key priority for our business. We know that customers don’t always love the product they receive or that issues can arise throughout an order. When these things happen, our goal is to make the experience worry-free and affordable, contributing to the company’s overall profitability and growth. Our team works with counterparts across Fulfillment Centers, Home Delivery Operations, Product, Finance, Transportation Logistics and Process Definition teams to drive new approaches and processes that deliver profitability and customer experience improvements. This work is broad, business critical, complex and highly cross-functional.
We are looking for a data-driven and impact-oriented team leader to drive a series of roadmaps that deliver on these objectives. The ideal candidate must be a highly flexible and hands on leader who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
What You'll Do
- Lead and direct members of the Returns & Incident resolutions team to drive various initiatives within our product evaluation and transformation programs.
- Cultivate and drive a strategic roadmap of cross-functional initiatives intended to maximize the value of return products.
- Partner cross-functionally with groups company-wide, including Fulfillment Centers, Home Delivery Operations, Product, Finance, Transportation Logistics and Process Definition to drive alignment and execution against innovative solutions to challenging operational problems intended to improve profit recovery from returns.
- Understand strategic business goals and deliver innovative strategies and solutions for achieving those goals and navigating roadblocks.
- Analyze and report out on performance, clearly articulate successes and opportunities to senior leadership.
- Travel to Wayfair warehouse operations and build relationships with operational partners.
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes that drive efficiencies for the team and simplify the day-to-day operations.
- Be a great teammate! We seek candidates with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit, passion for solving problems, and a sense of humor.
What You'll Need
- MBA or other graduate degree in management consulting, retail management or other supply chain related field preferred, but accomplished professionals will always be considered.
- 2+ years management experience, including proven success in building and scaling teams.
- 7-10 years total experience.
- Evidence of “scrappy-startup-execution” and a track record of taking on ambiguous, big challenges and delivering despite obstacles, limited resources, or landscape ambiguity.
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior and cross-functional leaders to achieve objectives.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An inclusive and open leadership style.
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Comfortable with managing ambiguous problems, applying data-driven frameworks to drive a roadmap to tackle opportunities and track record of execution against roadmap.
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions.
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities.
- Experiencing navigating complex organizational structures and multiple stakeholders
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter.