The Associate Director, Remote Production Operations will beresponsible for overseeing the day-to-day strategy and decision making behind ESPN’s Mobile Unit Operations. The role requires leadership of department personnel and strategic management ofmobile unit productionfacilities for liveevent and studio productions for all sport categories on ESPN’s programmingschedule.
- Assumes the leadership role in complex tasks and processes that can have a material influence on the outcomes of assigned remote events.
- Provides daily oversight of Mobile Unit Operations personnel in Bristol. Manage team and ensure all events and tasks are assigned effectively and equitably.
- Oversees current contracts with mobile unit vendors and ensure annual obligations are met and terms are adjusted as necessary. Evaluate and negotiate future vendor contracts and business requirements in partnership with ESPN/Disney Legal and Procurement resources.
- Works closely with ESPN Remote Operations and Production sport management teams to design and implement the mobile unit technical specifications for each show/event.
- Manages the process of invoice payments and expense tracking as managed by the Mobile Unit Operations team related to Mobile Production trucks, Generators, Graphics Systems, and Shipping.
- Leads the creation and distribution of the weekly ESPN Global Mobile Unit schedule to office staff, field staff, the vendor community and related ESPN departments.
- Prepares and distributes utilization and expenditure reports as assigned by senior management.
- Acquires and maintains a thorough understanding of technical equipment and solutions for modern and dynamic live production systems.
- Balances day-to-day workload along with handling complex issues and challenges associated with a live television environment.
- Receives and handles communications after hours and on weekends as necessary.
- Has in depth awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
- Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial and logistical skills relating to show creation.
- Has in-depth knowledge of computer training and how it relates to the new technical equipment utilized on remote events.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical equipment needed to carryout live broadcasts.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication.
- Must be accessible on evenings and on weekends to react to challenges related to the live television production environment.
- Has a minimum of 10 years of related technical and/or operational planning and procurement experience.
- Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN’s and ABC Sports remote operations functions
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Job ID 616329BR