Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very "hands on" and there's an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, Coca-Cola, Google, Pfizer, Harley-Davidson, Verizon, TOMS, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we've built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
Why We Need You:
We're looking for an innovative quantitative researcher and people leader with excellent analytical, communication, and client management skills. You'll work on a variety of project types for some of the nation's most successful brands across different categories, and a multi-industry background is therefore crucial. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business.
In this role, you'll lead projects, own relationships with clients, and work as part of a collaborative team to help brands uncover insights that inspire effective brand strategies. You'll serve as a valued leader to our new and existing teams. You should bring upwards of 7 years of primary market research experience (supplier side highly preferred), preferably an advanced degree, and strong statistical skills (or, at a minimum, an interest and aptitude for growing your existing ones).
What You'll Do:
- Ensure overall client satisfaction and manage client relationships to generate repeat business. You'll own individual client relationships with limited oversight.
- In partnership and often with oversight, lead major quantitative projects with key clients and drive approach, analysis, and strategic recommendations. You'll also lead and work on mixed method projects regularly.
- Together with our leadership team, develop innovative approaches and products that will result in outstanding insights for our clients and differentiate Kelton as a partner.
- Manage all stages of the research process (designing questionnaire, monitoring fielding, running analyses, writing final report, presenting to client), and lead a team across the engagement.
- Contribute to business development efforts through scoping challenges with existing clients, playing a key role in leading and developing relationships with new and existing accounts, and making methodological recommendations. Take the first pass on writing and developing proposals for new business.
- With oversight, play a leading role on hybrid studies and seamlessly integrate quantitative findings with qualitative insights. Work collaboratively with on engagements where insights work is the central inspiration for the development of brand frameworks and assets.
- Stay up-to-date on industry developments and be active in the research community at large to make sure our methods remain innovative, unique, and of top quality.
- Serve as a career mentor, coach, and direct manager for more junior staff both on projects and for general career development.
What You'll Bring:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience in primary market research is needed for this role (supplier side desired). Ideally, you'll have recent experience in an agency as opposed to working as an independent proprietor or client side role.
- Extremely strong organizational skills and detail orientation. This position requires an ability to consider both the micro (project details) and macro (understanding how all aspects of an engagement, including research, advertising, media, strategy, and development, are interrelated).
- Be well-versed and experienced in designing and conducting a broad array of quantitative approaches such as tracking, brand positioning, messaging, segmentation, concept tests, A&U, and pricing studies.
- Strong analytic skills with proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements. Driven by an urge to try new things and identify efficiencies.
- Experience in running hybrid studies, strong familiarity with qualitative methodologies.
- Very strong experience with SPSS Statistics or a similar software package highly desired.
- Great visual design skills necessary.
- Multi-tasking skills and a true team-player attitude.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated presence and authority in dealing with people at all organizational levels.
- A passion for networking within the local brand, advertising, marketing, and insights community, looking for opportunities to expose our staff to new thinking, and helping to grow Kelton's reputation for innovative methods and leading-edge thought leadership.
- An excitement for doing great work, and a desire to grow and develop amongst other like-minded, well-rounded humans!.