What You'll Do
Project Responsibilities - 20%
- Manages and leads all Project Delivery Services in accordance with the contracts signed by Ulteig and the various clients ensuring that all expectations are met.
- Provides management and leadership for subconsultants as needed.
- Provides project and program oversight, including managing scopes according to contracts, ensuring the development and process of change orders, and overseeing quality services.
- Oversees the creation and execution of Project and Program Management Committees that oversee the program and project delivery throughout the Lifeline Sectors of Ulteig.
- Maintains high levels of quality to meet client requirements in alignment with company expectations.
Management Responsibilities – 50%
- Oversees and directs the implementation of the Ulteig Project Delivery Methodology (UPDM). This is set of policies and procedures, based on the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and modified to fit the culture and business processes of Ulteig, focused on quality delivery of projects and services conducted in a team environment where the whole team is accountable for the success of projects and services Ulteig provides to their clients.
- Maintains and grows positive team culture.
- Provides strategic direction, leadership and project management services oversight for employees on achieving individual, team, department, and organizational performance goals.
- Oversees and approves team budgets for financial responsibility. Includes but is not limited to revenue, profitability, and indirect expenses (training expenses, reward and recognition expenses, team event costs, etc.).
- Coaches, trains and develops management staff for growth and development opportunities. Responsible for regular management meetings, 1:1 meetings, career development discussions, talent assessment succession planning, quarterly reviews, individual promotions, team retention, and yearly team engagement survey results.
- Regularly evaluates capacity and skillsets to direct growth in workforce planning, supports strong cross team and cross office resourcing collaboration, performs individual performance reviews, evaluates individual annual merit and bonus decisions, and provides training and professional development for team members.
- Supports company-wide hiring for successful growth which includes regular evaluation of candidate resumes, technical phone screens, collaboration with HR partners, and regular in person interviews and debrief assessments.
Business Development Responsibilities – 30%
- Participates and partners with members of the Client Solutions (Marketing) team to promote revenue growth, cost containment and expansion of services with existing and prospective clients that support the territory sales plan execution.
- Supports proposal efforts as needed on contracts, work orders, MSAs and NDAs by working with the Proposal Development Team and the Project Management group.
- Maintains and builds positive client relationships.
- Participates with cross functional teams on strategic initiatives for the company and/or department as needed.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree from ABET accredited school or equivalent. Engineering field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in program and/or project management
- PMP certification from the Project Management Institute is preferred
- Prior leadership/management experience 5+ years required
- Prior technical experience preferred
- Must be analytical, self-motivated, and possess the ability to work in high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative attitude
- Focused and passionate around internal engagement and maximizing development of others
- Strong business acumen and industry knowledge
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, public and external agencies
- High level of initiative and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with clear expectations and highly responsive, internally, and externally
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communications skills
- Demonstrates a bias toward exploring new opportunities while understanding the risk to the organization
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Projects, Power Point, and Access) and additional software knowledge depending on specialty.
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the US.