$80K — $100K *
Position TitleAssociate Director, Program ManagementPosition Summary:The California Institute for Biomedical Research (Calibr), a close affiliate of Scripps Research, is seeking a talented Associate Director in the area of Program Management, to join our interdisciplinary team of scientists focused on early stage translational research.
This position will serve as the project manager on programs to translate novel cellular immunotherapies into clinical trials for cancer. Specifically, the position will work closely with scientists to serve as alliance manager with external stakeholders on the development of a novel universal, switchable CAR-T cell platform. Calibr’s exciting and dynamic research environment offers a unique perspective on bench to bedside translational research. Calibr’s open lab space design and collaborative research environment encourages the seamless flow of ideas within and between research groups. Further, the association with The Scripps Research Institute links world-class basic research innovation with patient-centric research initiatives, to elevate the scientific discourse and accelerate the discovery and development of new medicines. This opportunity is ideal for project managers with a passion for science and a strong drive to make an impact.
Position Description* Serve as alliance manager to mediate Calibr’s interaction with external stakeholders in the development of novel immunotherapies
* Responsible for collection of team reports, organization of project status presentations, and delivery to key stakeholders
* Drive team timelines to meet key milestones and benchmarks for success
* Develop and maintain project plans, timelines, and team reports.
* Work within project teams to assess risk, identify key issues, carry out gap analyses, and develop solutions. Ensures escalation of issues and risks that significantly affect timelines.
* Participate in the scientific discourse to continuously improve programs and innovation.
* Assist in the organization of reports and CRO/CMO documentation for regulatory filings.
Location:San Diego, CaliforniaAdditional Information:Physical Requirements:Basic Qualifications:* Demonstrated experience in project management is essential
* PMP certification is strongly preferred.
* In depth or hands on experience with biologics and/or immunotherapy development is strongly preferred.
* Experience in publication and maintenance of project timelines, Gantt charts, agendas, minutes, and reports is required.
* Experience in simultaneous management of multiple contracts with CROs/CMOs is required.
* Experience in GLP/GMP compliance and regulatory filings (INDs and BLAs) applicable to biologics strongly preferred.
* Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Project and similar Gantting software is required.
* PhD in biology, chemical biology, biochemistry or related area with a minimum 5 years’ experience in industry (minimum 3+ years’ experience in immunotherapy),
* Impeccable attention to detail, and excellent ability to perform hands on experiments, research, design, and organize project designs and maintain detailed documentation.
* Outstanding communication kills
* Highly motivated, creative, and devoted to project goals.
* Able to collaborate proficiently and communicate effectively with colleagues and management teams.
* Able to contribute in a meaningful way to scientific discourse.
Valid through: 8/18/2020
$150K — $200K
2 days ago