Associate Director, Program Management Global Medical Affairs
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Associate Director, Program Management Global Medical Affairs in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As Associate Director, Program Management Global Medical Affairs working on the CMO Project Management Office team, you will be empowered to provide project management and leadership skills to the Medical Strategy Team (MST), Medical Franchise Leadership Team (MFLT) and/or certain other functions in the CMO or GMA, in the successful delivery of multiple and/or complex projects within a single or across therapeutic areas for Global Medical Affairs. A typical day will include:
- Responsibilities include leadership of the MFLT, MST and/or other teams, in strategic direction and translating project strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with senior management and influencing decision-making, monitoring slippage and developing strategies to get back on plan and navigating through the internal governance for projects
- Will partner closely with the Medical Franchise Head (MFH), Global Medical Unit Head (GMUH) and CMO / GMA team members as well as other global, regional and local Medical Affairs, Commercial and R&D functions, as required, to ensure that the medical and functional strategy is integrated into an operational plan
- Serves as a partner to CMO and GMA functional team members to determine project priorities, identify resource needs; lead key strategic planning activities; report program progress; oversee program budget; and execute communication and change management plans
- Identifies and drives innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and takes on, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include project management processes and systems
- Leads the program and project planning efforts of the MFLT, in defining and implementing the therapeutic strategy as well as maintaining oversight at the MST for the operational plans, execution strategies & critical path for the product
- Responsible for coordinating governance approvals for the key project deliverables and holds self and team members accountable to deliver on the agreed upon program objectives
- Identifies and manages project and resource priorities that align with the business objectives
- Addresses and resolves project challenges, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance concerns). Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations
- Establishes, communicates and executes plans resulting in achievement of project goals
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- 6 - 8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience. Previous drug development experience is preferred (e.g. Clinical Research, Regulatory, CMC, or BDM or other development related function)
- 4 to 6 years' experience as a project manager leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
- 5 years people management experience and/or proven leadership experience in managing a global, matrix team
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Experience managing program level budgets across multiple projects
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance guidelines governing medical affairs
- Applied knowledge of performance measurement (e.g. metrics, dashboards)
- Therapeutic area expertise is desirable
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- May travel to the US, EU and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally. Approximately 25% travel is required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs