Viscira is an innovative, fast-growing company dedicated to the development of new-media communication solutions and interactive software applications for the life sciences industry. Our current customers include major pharma and biotech companies such as Amgen, Genentech, BMS, Johnson & Johnson, Allergan, Novartis, Galderma, Abbott, Celgene etc.
Position Overview: The Associate Director of Production will serve as the senior project lead for key Viscira development efforts, and will be directly involved in delivering various interactive client programs and software products on time and on budget. In addition to being a significant individual contributor, s/he will support the Director and VP – Production to manage a growing team of producers (project managers) and contract staff. This person will play a major role in the management and execution of deliverables across multiple projects. The position will report to the Vice President - Production of the company.
• Provide management and supervision to a growing team of Producers/Project managers (PMs) and other support staff.
• Provide leadership to the team to ensure that projects are managed successfully (i.e., on time, on budget, high quality, smooth process, satisfied clients).
• Work closely with the Director and VP – Production to improve the organization’s project management structure.
• Provide leadership on project management processes, methodology, and tools that span multiple cross-functional departments. Identify and leverage personal and team project management best practices to help successfully scale the Project Management team along with the growing company.
• Oversee and closely manage resource meetings and issues and escalate as appropriate to resolve resource conflicts.
• Support the company’s new business development and sales efforts by providing scope and timeline guidance and budget estimates.
• Help set the scope and schedule on client projects by creating initial timelines and schedule overviews.
• Play a hands-on senior project management leadership role for various strategic client programs.
• May act as Program/ Portfolio Management for larger portfolio accounts.
• Work closely with cross functional teams of designers, developers, motion graphics artists, QA and other internal staff.
• Develop detailed project plans and timelines using a web-based project management tool similar to Microsoft Project.
• Continually communicate project status to internal stakeholders through various formal and informal mechanisms.
• Supervise and mentor junior Project Managers (2-3 Direct Reports)
• Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
• At least 6-8+ years of digital and technical production/web development/software development experience with roles of increasing responsibility (including direct line management).
• Must be proactive, able to perform well under pressure, and nimble—able to problem solve and provide alternative solutions as changes arise during a project, while still adhering to timeline, scope and budget constraints.
• Must have strong project management skills with the proven ability to multi-task.
• A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with and manage a wide variety of professional staff.
• Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of client organizations.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.