Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications, the Associate Director, Product Communications, will serve as a strategic partner to develop and implement communications strategies that help drive the success of the company's product portfolio in addiction, reinforcing Alkermes’ leadership in this area.
The role will focus on collaborating with our Commercial, Medical and Patient Engagement teams to deliver effective communications through traditional and social media.
The Associate Director requires a strong interest and aptitude for understanding the biopharmaceutical industry and the company, and the ability to collaborate with personnel throughout the company, as well as external audiences. Candidates must have exceptional writing skills and be able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Serve as strategic partner to Alkermes’ marketing team to support our brands by providing counsel and executing strategies
- Play a key role in executing the strategic communications plan for VIVITROL®
- Help manage aggressive and creative product news bureau
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of portfolio and brand businesses inclusive of strategies, goals and market challenges
- Partner on new and evolving media channels
- Lead development of press releases and other product communications materials
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external agencies and consultants
- Work directly with internal staff including Commercial, Investor Relations, Medical Affairs, Patient Engagement, Regulatory, Legal, Business Development, Clinical Development to ensure cross-functional alignment of key strategies and messaging as relevant
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or science-related field
- At least 8-12years of healthcare public relations work experience
- Experience in product communications, crisis and issues management
- Ability to build and maintain close, collaborative relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure alignment and integration of messages and initiatives
- Experience with establishing and meeting deadlines and handling multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Self-directed team player
- Travel as required