This is a highly visible position that will require a person with a diverse set of skills who functions well in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will have hands-on technical experience developing manufacturing processes for engineered cell therapy products and will be a dedicated people leader capable of getting the best out of those around her/him. If you possess these qualities, like a challenge, love to learn and want to be part of a team developing the next generation of cell and gene biotherapeutics based on CRISPR/Cas9, we want to hear from you.
- Lead a team of highly productive scientists and engineers. Identify and develop future technical leaders.
- Develop scalable processes to produce novel cell-based therapies with a creative eye to accelerating new products into the clinic.
- Design, perform and evaluate experiments to develop robust unit operations using DoE, multivariate analysis, and other statistical tools.
- Build a science-based understanding of the product/process to define critical process parameters (CPPs) and establish acceptance criteria.
- Manufacture critical materials for developmental and preclinical testing and participate in/present to cross functional teams.
- Participate in technology transfer activities with CMOs and build strong relationships with collaborating companies.
- MS (12+ years industry experience) or PhD (8+ years industry experience) in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biological or Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Immunology).
- Hands on bioprocess development experience with at least 3 years of experience managing process development teams.
- Strong awareness of the literature, technologies, and industrial landscape of engineered cell therapy process development.
- Knowledge of practices and equipment in a GMP manufacturing environment, including closed-systems, single-use/disposable technology, and sterile/aseptic processing.
- Application of advanced automation and statistical data analysis in development, including design of experiments (DoE).
- Desire to take on new technology challenges and broaden technical skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly cross functional team-oriented environment; driven and highly organized.
- Ability to influence people and achieve win-win outcomes.