Associate Director - Private Equity Fund Accountant
New York City based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for an Associate Director/ Assistant Vice President to manage Private Equity funds.
Must have private equity fund accounting experience.
The location of the position is San Francisco.
Primary responsibilities will include:
· Work closely with the Director/ Managing Director managing daily Fund Operations
· Manage the operations and accounting of an existing fund independently
· Ability to interface and manage a client/ business with limited guidance
· Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity limited partnerships
· Familiar with LPA and other Governing documents. Able to extract key economics, compile, and document a thorough Summary with limited guidance
· Able to supervise staff if required by client and team
· Oversee and provide guidance on the initial set up of the Clients Funds deliverables (capital calls, distributions, financial statements, waterfalls, IRRs) and perform thorough, in-depth review and sign off prior to Director/Managing Director review
· Perform multiple levels of review/analyses of Financial Reports/Capital Events and Private Equity Complex Transactions (depends on client and team)
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Public/Private CPAPreferred
· 4+ years of relevant Private Equity Fund/Investment Company Accounting & Reporting experience
· Ability to learn on-the-job quickly, apply learning to clients and recommend solutions to issues
· Ability to quickly adapt to changes in processes and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
· Sound knowledge of Investment Company Accounting (ASC 946), Economics (Waterfalls and Allocations), Fund Structure (Corporate, Partnership, Tax Blockers, etc. within an Organization Chart) / Investor Classifications
· Sufficient knowledge and hands on experience with governing documents, such as LPAs, Mgmt. Advisory Agreements, Side Letters, Separate Fee agreements, etc.
· Hands on experience accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, Parallel, SPV, AIV, Co-Investment Vehicles) management companies, and other related vehicles
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Superior problem solving, judgment and decision making skills
· Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Extensive Microsoft suite skills - Excel (pivots), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook