About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we’re committed to building the best Compliance team in the pharmaceutical industry. Operating at the highest ethical standards and ensuring adherence to corporate and legal regulations, the Compliance team is constantly called upon to design and implement creative solutions to complex issues.
From training on new procedures, to auditing against local and corporate policies, to reporting compliance-related issues, Compliance keeps us accountable every step of the way as we develop life-changing therapies and bring them to market. At Novo Nordisk, you will be part of a company respected equally for its financial results and its business ethics. Are you ready to make a difference?
This position primarily works in support of the Novo Nordisk Inc. Privacy Program. This position helps drive the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) Privacy program.
This position will also serve as an Ethics & Compliance Business Partner for one or more specific business functions or activities with strong connections to the privacy program (e.g. patient support programs).
Reports to Senior Director – Business Partners & Privacy Office. Internal relationships include in-house legal counsel, global colleagues, senior leaders throughout lines of business. Supports affiliates as needed. External relationships include government agencies, outside counsel, vendors and industry peers.
- Directly supports the Senior Director – Business Partners & Privacy Office in implementation of the NNI Privacy Program
- Drives implementation and execution of a comprehensive Privacy Program at NNI
- Partners closely with In-house Legal in Privacy Program governance, design and implementation
- Fosters a continuous improvement mind set and proposes enhancements to Privacy and other Ethics & Compliance related programs informed by evolving legislation, requirements, industry trends and best practices
- This position will also serve, in a limited capacity, as an Ethics & Compliance Business Partner for one or more specific customer groups
- Supports the development and implementation of a strategic plan for a comprehensive privacy program at NNI
- Develops policies related to collection, use and disclosure of private information including personally identifiable information (PII), non-PII, and other personal data content
- Develops and administers relevant role based training focused on the education and awareness of privacy issues and their impact to our brand and business
- Provides support of on-going and future privacy risk assessments
- Leads privacy related auditing and monitoring activities at NNI and with external stakeholders involving private information
- Investigates non-compliance with company data privacy and protection policies
- Supports NNI Local Data Protection Responsible with respect to the requests of the Global Data Protection Office
- Supports Senior Director – Business Partners & Privacy Office in Data Privacy and Protection Program reports to NNI Board of Directors and NNI ET Privacy Subcommittee
- Acts as a privacy subject matter expert with knowledge related to compliance with applicable state, federal and international laws and regulations including the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act, and related medical information privacy laws, laws and regulations related to employee privacy, and other global laws and regulations including those implementing the European Union (EU) Data Protection Directives
- Maintains knowledge of external legal and industry developments in privacy including evolving laws and regulations, and proactively propose advisable business processes or practices
- Provides support (partnering with In-house Legal Counsel and company stakeholders) for privacy data events/breaches response and mitigation
- Maintains knowledge of the relevant information technology systems and applications to drive systematic solutions and improvements
- Liaises with privacy professionals at peer companies and industry organizations
- Provides strategic direction and oversees activities related to ethics and compliance for specific customer groups to ensure compliance principles are considered when making critical business decisions while understanding local and global impact
- Leads and affects change within the business as necessary and oversees, monitors, and reports on the Ethics & Compliance program to senior leadership
- Works collaboratively with ethics & compliance functions such as investigations, training, monitoring and auditing
- Proactively identifies enhancements or adjustments to ethics & compliance activities (e.g., policies, training, monitoring) based on business strategies
- Contributes to the preparation of reports to key internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to the government. Involved early to operationalize business tactics and provide day-to-day compliance guidance and support in order to assess and ensure adequate compliance controls
- Active participation in business management and other teams or committees as appropriate
10-20% overnight travelrequired
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required. Additional education/certification within the ethics & compliance, legal or health-care related fields is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years combined privacy and/or pharmaceutical, legal, regulatory, and compliance experiencerequired OR a minimum of 8 years’ experiencerequired if accompanied by an advanced degree or certification (e.g. MBA, JD, PMP)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of applicable state, federal and international laws and regulations including the FTC Act, CAN-SPAM, HIPAA/HITECH and related medical information privacy laws, laws and regulations related to employee privacy, and other global laws and regulations including those implementing the EU Data Protection Directives
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) rules and regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceuticals, corporate integrity agreements and other prosecution agreements with other pharmaceutical companies, PhRMA code and the current activities and developments involving pharmaceutical sales and marketing is preferred
- Ability to drive multiple projects to completion meeting internal and external deliverables with high degree of accuracy
- Strong project management, training and planning skills required
- Experience with risk assessment and risk management
Requisition ID: 58758BR