Associate Director, Labs
SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Pivotal is at the forefront of transforming how the world’s largest and most admired companies build and run software. Our approach combines modern agile methodology (Pivotal Labs) with a next generation cloud-native platform (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and big data solution (Pivotal Big Data Suite) to optimize companies for agility so they can move at startup speeds. Pivotal Labs is Pivotal’s agile software consulting arm, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. With over 20 years of experience in pioneering agile methodologies, Pivotal Labs helps businesses become great software companies.
As an Associate Director (AD), you will be responsible for managing Pivotal Labs’ business in the Southern California region including growing our consulting business, leading successful delivery of agile software development projects with Pivotal customers, and growing and managing Pivotal practitioners and their careers.
More specifically, you will:
- Plan and lead pre-sales technical discovery workshops for new software development project opportunities
- Build and present Pivotal Labs proposals for new software development projects to C-level client executives
- Effectively convey Pivotal’s value proposition to C-level client executives
- Partner with sales and alliance partners to craft targeted go-to-market strategies
- Setup and manage software development projects with client and Pivotal practitioners
- Cultivate a culture of continuous feedback & improvement with client and Pivotal practitioners
- Grow and manage Pivotal employee careers through empathetic coaching and guidance
- Operate a financially successful consulting business within the region
- 6+ years technology consulting experience, working with large enterprise organizations; or relevant experience running a successful software company
- 3+ years leading agile software development teams and programs in large enterprise organizations; or relevant experience managing software development in a startup environment
- 3+ years of managing software development or product practitioners with full HR responsibilities
- Ability to bring clarity and mitigate risks in high-stakes software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially with executives
- Excellent facilitation skills.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.