Navigant Economics, a subsidiary of Navigant, is comprised of leading academic and industry professionals with backgrounds in economics and finance. We provide economic analyses of legal and business issues for law firms, corporations, and government agencies in addressing their complex business challenges. Our economic consultants work across major industries on issues involving antitrust, valuation, intellectual property, and labor and employment. We assist clients through every phase of a project from defining the problem by identifying key economic issues to gathering facts and data and performing due diligence. We design appropriate methodologies and employ state-of-the-art techniques in all aspects of our research. The testimony, reports and research of our experts has been widely cited by courts, as well as in leading academic and industry journals. See www.naviganteconomics.com
- Lead and supervise teams in small and large engagements
- Develop testable economic models relevant to key case questions
- Perform sophisticated statistical and econometric analysis, including interpreting results and evaluating robustness
- Develop computer models, including detailed and potentially complex spreadsheet analyses
- Research and review economics literature pertinent to case questions
- Assist with development and drafting of expert reports and the components underlying those reports
- Supervise and conduct data gathering activities, including document review as well as supervision and quality control of data entry
- Lead quality control efforts
- Lead engagement planning and management
- Communicate directly with clients
- Train, develop, and act as a mentor to junior staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Economicsrequired. Closely related quantitative field may be considered.
- Experience in an academic faculty or professional consulting position required.
- Advanced statistical programming skills required. SAS, Stata, and/or R experiencepreferred.
- Strong analytical, research, statistical, and quantitative abilities required.
- General-purpose programming skills and experiencepreferred.
- Strong economic modeling skills preferred.
- Ability to lead small and large project teams or work streams on a variety of engagements required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet timely deadlines required.
- Experience preparing and presenting client deliverables within defined timelines and budgets preferred.
- Ability to write clearly, professionally, and persuasively required.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the US and potentially internationally
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data