The Navigant Consulting Healthcare Performance Excellence candidate will have experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in the area of performance improvement within Hospitals, Health Plans or Physician Groups. Specifically, the successful candidate will have expertise in manipulating data using Excel, Access and other spreadsheets, coordinating team work products, and the ability to lead teams.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Indianapolis, IN; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Princeton, NJ; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Tampa, FL; Washington, DC.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing best practice initiatives to increase Ancillary Services workforce efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for aligning Ancillary Services strategy and resources of an organization to support its operational needs - delivering best practice staffing models, process and role designs to achieve cost reduction solutions and sustainable results.
- Assess current performance by synthesizing data and observing current operations and identifying/comparing to industry best practices. Communicate findings to facility leadership teams to aid them in optimizing costs in Ancillary Services.
- Participate in complex client performance improvement engagements as the Ancillary Services Subject Matter Specialist on assessment and implementation projects.
- Determine appropriate recommendations and action steps to achieve improvement opportunities. Facilitate subject-specific client team meetings to review analyses, generate and quantify proposed recommendations, and develop detailed implementation plans.
- Provide and sell assessment and implementation project work. Ensure client service partner is informed of services being proposed and provided. May meet with client one-on-one, with the partner or manager, with a sales/marketing staff or as part of a client service team.
- Prepare draft proposals and/or engagement letters for providing services in accordance with established standards and confer with supervisor for input and approval for projects planned. Seek assistance from other consultants with expertise in unfamiliar areas.
- Prepare reports in accordance with established standards on consulting services performed for clients. Deliver reports where appropriate and discuss results and recommendations with clients.
- Provide on-going time and materials consulting services to established clients as needed and continually seek business development opportunities.
- Document consulting activities according to firm standards and prepares administrative reports as requested.
- Work with business development sales and marketing staff and performance improvement consulting services team to determine what services are to be emphasized and how they should be marketed.
- Complete client projects effectively and efficiently and maintains a high level of proficiency with available technology.
- Complete semi-monthly time reporting according to office standards, assists in billing of time to clients as requested.
- Attend appropriate training, professional meetings and conferences and read publications to maintain and expand professional knowledge as a consultant.
- Attend and contribute to internal meetings as requested.
- Become involved in appropriate community and professional activities for exposure to clients, potential clients, networking and other business development opportunities.
- Experience and proven results with Performance Improvement Consulting Services to hospitals and health systems with leadership experience in Radiology Services.
- 6-8 years relevant operational experience in Ancillary Services, (strong pereference for Radiology Services leadership), or relevant Healthcare consulting experience desired.
- Expertise and industry reputation in Ancillary Services leadership roles to include Radiology and any of the following: Respiratory Therapy, Physicial Therapy, Occupational Therapy.
- Four year college degree in Healthcare, Business Administration or related field of study. Graduate degree preferred.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Be a team player; demonstrate attention to detail and problem solving skills; able to work independently.
- Previous hands on experience with client services, training and project development desired.
- Must be very well organized, perceptive, dependable, and work well under pressure.
- Personal integrity and a strong personal commitment to meeting client needs are required. Must be able to make positive presentations before individuals and groups and win the trust and confidence of others. Have the base skills and personality to participate in business development activities.
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
The company offers competitive compensation packages including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
Navigant does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Navigant and Navigant will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Navigant is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.