- Responsible for ensuring all regular and off cycle payrolls are reconciled.
- Accountable for managing the tax process and amended tax returns for federal, state, and local taxes.
- Accountable for the delivery of month end close activities.
- Responsible for the delivery of all quarter-end and year-end payroll activities.
- Accountable for ensuring payroll systems are maintained, documented, and user access is granted in compliance with SOX requirements.
- Actively participate in evaluating/implementing new technology and integrating business partner needs to deliver high quality service to employees, and to ensure compliant and accurate reporting.
- Actively drive and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Support and deliver on all strategic and cross functional projects; ensure project deliverables for Payroll are met.
- Report on performance. Communicate with leaders, internal business partners, and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress and results.
- Utilize emerging technology and best practice to increase efficiency and quality of service delivery.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as policies regarding payments of wages, tax withholding, garnishments, and employee elected deductions.
- Responsible for the execution and delivery on all payroll audits and controls throughout the year as required.
- Accountable for actively participating, maintaining, and enforcing the internal control environment over the financial as well as the business process aspects of the payroll business process.
- Provide guidance and direction to Payroll colleagues and business partners for various Federal, State, and Local legislations.
- Drive the effort to stay informed with the regulatory changes and implementation of various tax changes and work with business partners as needed.
- Accountable for process integrity, internal and SOX controls, and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Business Partnering/Customer Engagement:
- Build and maintain credibility with internal/external business partners and employee population from a Business Service Center model.
- Develop a network of key resources to engage and consult with when working on solving complex issues. Must be able to interact and influence peers at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively function as a trusted advisor and serve as a contact from Payroll for business partners and stakeholders.
- Accountable for the generation, review, analysis, and reporting of service delivery against agreed and evolving KPI’s and Service partnership agreements.
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners and International colleagues to identify and implement options to improve the quality of service delivery from a global perspective and pursue opportunities for global process delivery in line with best practice.
- Effectively manage and lead the activities and outcomes of the Accounting, Tax, Reporting, Audit, & Project team members. Provide guidance, coaching, and leadership.
- Promote a positive team environment. Provide effective leadership, oversight, coaching, and counseling to support staff.
- Advocate for global standardization and partnership with International colleagues on project initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Production and delivery of global process maps, desk-top manuals, and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple and diverse cross-functional stakeholders.
- Must be a critical thinker; must have excellent analytical skills, the ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity and effective decision making.
- Results Oriented. The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High level of self-motivation, accountability, leadership, positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of payroll accounting best practice. programs in a large complex multi-national corporation.
- A minimum of 4 years of leadership and people development experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with SAP or best practice ERP systems.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
- (i.e. V-Lookups, Pivot-Tables, Sum Ifs, etc.)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Controls.
- Experience with Workday is preferred.
- Experience with project management is preferred.
- Experience working in a global Finance organization.